Dual 6374 on 15mm Belts?

if you can fit dual 6374 motors with 15mm belts on a TB 218mm truck

They will fit without an issue.

This is a build I have on the go at the moment, dual 6374 with AT wheels and 60T wheel pulley with 15mm belts. That assembly is a lot wider than 107s with a 15mm wheel pulley.

3 Likes

How much vertical clearance do you guys have from the motors -and did you have any issues with it?

I’ve just started building a dual 6374 and I’m somewhat concerned about how close to both the road and the deck the motors are, even with 107mm flywheels.

Using a Never Summer Commander 2014 deck which has a rather long space between the designated truck holes and the edge. I could move the truck further back so that the motors can stick out but not sure if that would be a good idea either, since it’s already a long deck.

I just built an eskate, and so far it’s not going as expected… it is -dual 6374 3550watt 70a max -12s4p 30q 518wh 60a max -Tb 110 wheels 16/36 15mm belts -Focbox unity … my question is about efficiency and top speed, I’ve only been able to get it to 31mph and my watt hours are 28-30, I’m getting like 13 miles of range… I expected more out of a 12s4p. My goal is to go at least 40mph and have 20miles of range, is this realistic for my build or not? Also I noticed a huge drop in power once my battery got to 25 percent, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Tyler

@TMC You should be getting 25-30 mile range off of a 12s4p 30Q. You should be hitting 35+. You will get a drop of power around 25%. Typically, I prefer not to ride below 25% and if you do… you don’t want to over throttle/accelerate as much. The best time to do heavy throttling is when the pack is full vs when the pack is empty.

Thanks, good to know I shouldn’t run it under 25 percent… I just don’t know why I’m getting the stats I am out of it, everything is new and I only weight 170 pounds so I should be flying… I’m gonna fully charge it and re-test my stats, but do you think my values are good or should I change any settings In the Focbox unity -70a motor limit -60a battery max discharge? Also, another thing that could be a problem is that I am using an iPhone X with the Xmatic application so it makes me wonder if the app isn’t accurate with the stock unity Bluetooth module… at first I felt like I was going 40 but the app stated my max was 31

maybe check your belt tension.

are you going up many hills?

Also depends how you ride. Lots of stopping them heavy acceleration will drain it faster.

I left about a quarter inch of slack on the belts, I wasn’t 100 percent sure how tight they should be so I just figured I would be fine leaving slight slack

Not many hills but I have been riding it kinda aggressively, I’ve never actually ridden one before building it so I Haven’t been pushing it as hard as I want to yet