So I am currently running a single 6374 setup linked here: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/first-build-an-attempt-at-performance-on-a-budget/24468/26?u=penny_pincher. The setup has remained basically unchanged this entire time, and it performs well but there are a few things that I want to change so I figured I might as well go for an overhaul. The main issue I am having is with the motor mount- no matter what I do (including drilling into the trucks and using locktite) I cannot seem to get it to stay fixed for more than a month of riding at a time before I have to do it again. This is getting annoying and I want a different mounting system. Also, having to charge the Lipos with a balance charger is a tedious process and the fact that I am using an xt-90 instead of a power switch is also not very convenient.
Basically what I know about the build is this:
- dual sealed 6374 from Maytech
- 15mm belts and pulleys from ebay (i’ve had good luck with them in the past)
- 10s (probably 4p) battery (need help)
- 90 mm wheels that i’m currently using on my board
- dual Maytech VESC (currently running single maytech VESC on my build)
- Remote and Receiver - I have been using it without issue until now
- Trucks and mounts will also be from Maytech
What I need help with
- Deck- I can either reuse the same beat- up rayne deck from my current build or I can use my Loaded Fattail, but I don’t know what enclosure to use with that.
- Enclosure- If I use the rayne board I think I can get one from @psychotiller, but if I want to use the Fattail deck, i’m not sure that any enclosures exist for it.
- Battery- I don’t know what battery configuration and form factor to use and where I should get it from.
Any and all input welcome! my goal is for this board to be powerful, fast, and above all- reliable. Let me know what you all think.