See below for my build. As of today, I will have all of the parts except the 10S battery and the enclosure. This will be ridden in SF. I’m excited to join the other Bay Area eSk8ers!
I went with the following components:
eboard-shop dual motor 5055 kitIdler pully mod
- I intend to do a DIY idler pulley mod on the motor mounts based on @sch_dk’s post
- The wheel base clearance isn’t very long, not sure yet what to do about enclosure
- 10 miles range is enough for me. Kick tail with decent torque is more important to me than top speed and range
- Last decision is the 10S battery, which I think will be Lipos
- Update: I have purchased 2x 5S 500mah 25C Turnigy Lipos, which I will run in series (10S):
- Enclosure will be difficult since it will need to be short.
- I am going to start off with a cheap Ikea mod, then later decide on a permanent enclosure solution.
- I’ll purchase the following two items and use whichever works best
Curious to hear your thoughts! Anyone have experience with these components?