Dual FocBox fully enclosed CNC machined case

The new batch is available in pre-order. Expected availability 1-2 week of August.

@Sender leave in order notes that 1 plate without anodization.

2 Likes

Yup! This time I got it on time! :dancing_men:

Order #1178

2 Likes

IMG_0500

1 Like

Perfect fit ! :ok_hand:t4:

6 Likes

Those tooling marks are gorgeous!

4 Likes

Dual FocBox Heatsink plates are now available. Also Dual FoxBox Enclosure in red is also available

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/collections/focbox/products/limited-edition-red-dual-focbox-case-with-cooling-fins-v2

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/collections/focbox/products/dual-focbox-case-with-cooling-fins-v2

1 Like

Cases are back in stock :wink:

IMG_0626

Limited Edition Red Dual Focbox Heatsink plate

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/collections/cases/products/limited-edition-red-dual-focbox-case-heatsink-plate

Thought I posted in this thread :sweat_smile: What’s the best way to mount the dual heatsink plate without drilling through the enclosure some more? I was thinking something like silicone or epoxy the lip and attach to the inside of the enclosure? What do you think?

Yeah me too somehow thought that was in topic, ahm I think something like rubbery glue would work best, epoxy would shatter from vibrations and silicone I don’t know how strong it would hold…

Maybe VHB tape around the perimeter, and screws for insurance?

2 Likes

Thanks, That stuff looks awesome! Will definitely try it on the heatsink. Seems super strong, I wonder if this could be used to mount an enclosure if the battery is attached to the board?

Probably all hinges on surface prep and compatibility.

VHB tape is incredible, it’s what holds my dual heatsink to my deck! the datasheet on the 3m site is super helpful in deciding which type to get (p.s. get the paper-backed type! like for real, the plastic NEVER comes off)

3 Likes

Worst😭 …NOOOOO RED IS MY FAVORITE…I would have bought the red cover plate BUT i bought a couple days ago not knowing this red was coming for the plate also …they arrive tomorrow hopefully…daaaam giiinnaa…I got the box enclosure too but I went black also I was thinking of a different build and flopped for hours before I made the decision to go black box…I wanted the red badly but that build is green and black.

Any chance of some new stuff for the dual unity foc box?

Maybe if someone will send us one for reference as I am not going to wait for next spring :smiley:

1 Like

Lol no shit…been down that road before. And I just signed up for the group buy. Haaaaha

I posted these pics on the enclosure thread but I thought I’d share them here too.

Here’s what the plate looks like when installed

20180815_010033

20180808_020944

20180807_215246

I used clear plastic to trace an outline of the fins that I then used a s a guide for cutting

20180806_083238

I also used some industrial strength silicone sealant to not only glue the thing in place but also waterproof it

20180807_220006

20180808_002836

16 Likes