Dual FocBox SK3 192kv / 10S5P 30Q / 6" Tires + 107mm SuperFlys / Firefly Remote

No worries man.

I might need something just a tad longer to account for the extra 1/2" added by the cooling case.

I think I am going to order the Altar Wedge in that case, that should fit my Vendetta 39 pretty well, right?

1 Like

It should yes. It’s basically 23" long

Lol thanks man

I know I ask a ton of dumb questions but I’m new and I just want this build to be awesome

Order placed :smiley:

Alright guys all that’s left is a remote+receiver. We knocked out just about everything else today lol

But now that I went all splurge happy I want it to be even more perfect (for me)… so I think I need to do away with my through-board hardware and pick up the hardware to countersink it under the deck.

Oh and some wire sleeves for the motor wires, still need to order those

No worries Ben!! I think I’m just experiencing growing pains. This last few months has been epic and crazy.

1 Like

So I updated the vesc firmware, flipped an inner tube around, assembled my drivetrain and threw it all on my deck for adjustment.

Oh the 6" drop through blues lol.

I really wanted to use the drop through to keep myself as low to the ground as possible, but unfortunately if I carve hard I get wheel bite. I already have dropthrough backing frames on the way (was going to use them under the deck between the wood and hardware) so when they come in I will just have to top mount the sonuvabitch :confused:

Not a big deal though I knew this was going to be a possibility. I don’t really want to shave the deck cause I love the deck as is lol

2 Likes

Top mounted if I carve deep as I can I still get a little wheel bite in the rear. Should I just bite the bullet and shave the corners off? I have some 1/2" risers in the garage I can use, but damn ANOTHER 1/2" higher lol

I also thought about drilling new truck holes a little further outward, but I can’t because the inward side hardware had nowhere to go to due to the center hole of the drop-through

2 Likes

Your only solution would be TKP trucks. That would give you an extra 1"+ of wheelbase. (the hanger is on the other side of the kingpin)

Or cut those wheel wells out.

1 Like

Thanks man. I think I’m going to try trimming out the wheel wells. If I went the new trucks route I’d probably have to replace some other stuff as well.

Is there an TKP baseplate that works with the TB 218mm hanger? (that might be a dumb question but I honestly don’t know)

Trimming and/or stiffer bushings would be your best bet. Like using a riptide fatcone boardside to make the turn progressively harder.

No, there aren’t any TKP baseplates to fit RKP trucks.

1 Like

It just has the stock TB bushings in there right now as I’m still assembling. I have Orangatang Yellows on my other boards to switch to this one so I’ll give it a try thanks

Can I turn the rear truck around? maybe wedge it to get the angle to 0+?

I’ve never done that on any longboard in my life cause I never needed to, just wondering before I start grinding away at the deck

ENCLOSURE, BATTERY, RIPTIDE BACKING MOUNTS Delivered!

Will pick this build back up when I get back from Anaheim this weekend

Also, my 10" griptape just arrived, so on Monday I will lasercut my griptape for this build. Already came in over the weekend to test all my settings and setup my jig. All I need to do is cut out a piece, send the artwrk to the laser and press go everything else is ready

6 Likes

Quick update. Waiting on remote and vesc housing to complete the build. When the housing shows up I can size the cutout and finish attaching the enclosure.

To get rid of wheel bite and still use drop through I routed and sanded the deck.

Changed to drop through, using some sweet backing plates from Riptide. They are even based in my hometown so shipping was lightning quick + I got a cool note lol. I switched to reverse mount and made some adjustments. Then I got most of the grip tape applied! I accidentally put it on upside down but that’s ok I like it. Once I f it up I’ll replace with a wholly new design every time anyway lol

Hoping to have my housing in the next two days, as well as a temporary remote/Bluetooth module until the photon shows up

7 Likes

Wise choice to go back to drop through and cutting the deck instead! Well done!

1 Like

That is beautiful grip, frikkin amazing.

2 Likes

I’d advise getting a backup remote. mine arrived doa yesterday, and i’ve read people having issues with them sometimes

1 Like

I’ve got 2, never had a problem.

1 Like

@DeathCookies Thanks man! I had my heart set on drop through form the beginning so I’m glad I changed it back too. With the big 6" tires I was already so high off the ground it just made sense :smiley:

@mmaner Thanks man! I still need to work out a better transfer process. I ended up foregoing the transfer tape completely last night. I just laid it on the board, picked out the pieces I wanted to stick, peeled, and put back in like a big stencil. Was easy but really time consuming with so many pieces. I should have done a video for the stencil peel it was really satisfying to see the image appear

@lazerusrm Oh no your Photon was DoA?? That’s rough man, I’ve been pining or one since before I bought my first part for this build. I did buy a temporary/backup remote and bluetooth module from Build Kit Boards sale which already got shipped out. Just in case :smiley:

I had the same problem with the tiny hex’s, took almost 4 hours to find all the centers and mark them then hand lay them all…tedious but worth it to see the finished product. You did a great job.

1 Like

Made myself a vest to wear when I finally get to ride this bad mfer

The silver is all 3M Reflective Sheet so cars can see me, the rest is black satin stitching, with 3D raised effects added to the glove’s border

8 Likes