Dye abecs black?

how do i dye abec wheels black and will it last?

I saw a photo where someone dyed them black with Rit dye but I don’t know where that was or if it lasted or not. You could probably have a tattoo artist change their color :stuck_out_tongue:

I did it and after 1000 km still looks all black

2 Likes

ABEC’s CEO recommends Rit

I saw some thread where people used different Dye, RIT and Idye Poly. iDye Poly seemed to get a better result on shorter times. Thread was on this forum so you should be able to find it with a search. I saw it the other day so pretty fresh replies :slight_smile:

Just got myself some RIT Dye the other day. Now I just need a big enough container to keep the wheels in…

1 Like

Make sure you use polyester specific dye. I used all purpose with no results and the poly dye is still very black after over 100 miles of riding. The poly dye only takes 45 minutes of soaking :slight_smile: there are some pics on my build thread

1 Like

is that the iDye Poly? the Rit I got says " RIT-Liquid Dye. Dye clothing and accessories rejuvenate old garments coordinate home decor hide laundry accidents and more. Pre-dissolved liquid is also great as a stain on unfinished wood and wicker or use to stencil or antique. Works on silk & dried floral nylon and plastic or even golf balls."

The i-Dye poly was the brand i used, I had no luck with the pre-dissolved rit dye @stormboard1

ill try it and see sure