E-MTB Drive Gear with Spur Gears "Directdrive"

Dang … scary

Me likey :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

We have to meet soon. I want to ride this thing before the drift tires are ground down to the rims… :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Got some more Raw Material for Drift Wheels… but yes we have to met soon!!!

POM again, Murthfeld S or have you found something even better?

Got my DN180 tube as well. Just have to find the time to cut rings and go for testing…

Yes POM again, got some left from first order. The murtfeld green is double the price, would be very interresting if it holds up double as good… come on with your funky drift wheels, wanna look at this firework (-;

1 Like

Check this new Mini Direct Drive for MBS Matrix 2 Truck :

Trampa Short Deck MBS Matrix Trucks This mix is super agil and tight cornering gets a dream.

Easy beginner Setup with 6S Hobbywing Quicrun and 149KV SK3

Changed already to 8S :joy: but this vid is 6S

Hang Loose Jenso

18 Likes

After the video upgraded to 8S :

Easy velcro it to the tip, countersunk the screws from the Truck first (-;

The upgrade in power to 6S is huge but for hard testing this small gearbox i need more :smiling_imp:

So installed my Roxxys and go with 10S and 12S

The Roxxys with capbank and UK Box is 200gramms more then MAX6, is ok because power increase massive… to be honest i think 10S on the 149kv SK3 with the 1:4 reduction is really enough. Its no Truck for 50mph speedfreaks, its an freestyle truck imo with great turning and low wheight.

This is the amount of recharged lipos from only Saturday :

Check the last line in display : 95Ah on 25V… this are 2375Wh i pumped into this Mini Direct Drive yesterday with 10 and 12S lipo packs :sunglasses:

This way my tires look after this nice day (i swear they where nearly new in the morning) and i swaped them by half day from rear to front :

They die like a boss, with a slightly “bang” … NICE

BTW Two big SK3 are a super tight fit, have to shorten the shafts and do a little grinding on the truck :

Better to go with normal sized 6374, like alien, dymond,enertion… the sk3 are more 85mm :wink:

On this picture you also see the adjuster screws which sits from below… good for adjusting with mounted ESC´s

In generell this is really a nice ultra agil Setup: Light, fast and tons of stearing… have some video footage ready soon i hope

Hang Loose Jenso

15 Likes

I would love to see how strong up your steepest hill…

Will have an look for something like a Hill :smile: Living in a quite flat area

1 Like

From last weekend :

Have Fun

20 Likes

Great Jens! :slight_smile: So what’s the reason to prefer the normal direct drive to the mini direct drive with a mountainboard truck?

Why actually MBS MAtrix and not the Trampa-Trucks. Any better driving with them, or just a try ?

Hey David. The regular sized Direct Drive from mine have a reduction from 1:5 and sits on a machined Trampa Vertigo Hanger and uses a support bearing inside the Spurgear. This one is well tested and works like a champ. It is best choice for riders who want to have a pure MTB. Selling this here :

The Mini Direct Drive i designed after a talk with @whitepony about the possibility to use it on the Mini Vertigo Trampa Truck which is used in the Street and Urban Carver. It has a reduction of 1:4, NO support bearing inside the spur, lighter/thinner POM case … it sits on a machined Mini Vertigo Truck, also can mounted on a machined regular Vertigo Truck. Its small enough that you can use it with the upcoming 125mm Urethan Wheels on Superstarhubs from Trampa, or with 7Inch Pneumatics and of course 8inch Pneumatics.

So i would say this is the right drivetrain for people who want a convertible Mount for Street and MTB use. Maybe also for switching between Urban and MTB. Got this MiniDrive also in a Quaddriveboard actually. More ground clearence, less wheight.

@notger

Made a Beltdrive last year for the MBS Matrix2. Was impressed by its “turning ability” and lightwheight. Also it needs no machining on the truck itself for the Direct Drive. Made this basicly also for testing the Spurs without support bearing on high power setups.

This one is also made with a motormount out of aluminium, together with the thinner gearbox and the smaller gear it gets alot lighter also. And of course cheaper, no truck machining!

Feel free to ask anytime Cheers Jenso

2 Likes

more “turning ability” on the MBS,… even with other Dampas or Springs on the Vertigos ?

[quote=“Nowind, post:194, topic:9586”]Also it needs no machining on the truck itself for the Direct Drive… . And of course cheaper, no truck machining! [/quote] Why actually?, i asked myself why you started with that fancy machining on the Trucks cause the Belt and chain Drive mounts also worked without machining. is it really worth, or even impossible to get exact spur-alignment without machining them?

greets

Notger

repost from @benjammin 's build, you can see the difference here

2 Likes

Ok, whow, that looks fundamentally different, still Trampa might be able to catch up with different Springs or Dampas, or is there a “mechanical” Limit of Steering for the Trampa-Trucks ?

The Trampa trucks turn way better than what’s shown in the picture. I didn’t realize when I took it, but several bushings were damaged and needed to be replaced.

And the other pic is with yellow shockblocks. These are way too loose for anything over 15mph or so IMO (better off w/orange).

1 Like

I guess i anyway would have to ride them by myself to feel the difference. But would you say that the Matrix 2 really have feelable better Turnability compared to Vertigos ??

I’ve only been able to ride the Matrix build once so far, so nowind could probably give a more accurate comparison. With orange shockblocks on a loose setting, I didn’t really notice a big difference in turning radius compared to yellow dampas, but I drilled 1/4" holes down through the center of each dampa, so they’re a little looser than what they would be otherwise.

Both trucks ride and turn really well. I like that the Matrix2 offer a greater range in turning capability. You can get super loose with yellow shocks, or switch to orange and crank 'em down if you’re going for speed. I like the look of the Trampa trucks though with hole cut through the top for the holypro deck and all. Very cool design.

1 Like

As @benjammin mentioned the posted pictures from his tread are not a fair compare. The Yellow MBS shockblocks are super soft, you could compare them with a Trampa Truck without Dampas, as used in Street Carver config. For an offroad board its to soft IMO. If you go with the harder Orange Shocks from MBS it gets better, without adding preload through the adjusters they still super soft, using the adjusters will make them harder and good for 40-50kmh IMO. Comparable with Trampa on yellow Dampas, little preloadet.

@notger the reason for machining the Trampatrucks is that this are forged hangers, good for strenght but they come out little different. Spurs will last longer with nice geometrics. The MBS Matrix2 is extrudet profile, better for geometric maybe for wheight too, but strength not.

Long Story short : DirectDrive on machined Trampa Vertigo with support bearing is best IMO.

Cheers Jenso

3 Likes