E-MTB Drive Gear with Spur Gears "Directdrive"

awesome, didnt think you could stand on that :fearful:

Did not think by myself, tryed to push it together with my hands and after this not work at all i stand on it…

this is really the most interesting product on these forums in a long time for me. that ultra compact setup will make motors pretty much invisible when looked at by, coughcough, lets say a police car from the road. it appears to have very little to no wear, basically no maintenance in comparison to belt & chain and it isnt such a mess like a chain. could only ride in superold pants cause the chain kept throwing grease & stuff at me. ;p

really love it jens, so much that i really consider building up a trampa for next season again. :relaxed:

will spend the winter thinking a little about better (stealthier) solutions for battery & esc.

been skating the last few days with my vanguard - at this time of the year i really wish i had pneumatics. :stuck_out_tongue: doh, leaves! doh, gravel, ah a wet leaf patch, oh the sun hasnt been here yet -> frozen patch, then 20m perfect tar aaand it all starts again. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks mate, looking forward to a second Whitepony Trampa build :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Waiting for the carbonfibre side panels… Will post some pics then where you really can see that from a sideview there is nothing to see!

Yeah would be very nice to get some stealthier solutions for battery and ESC´s !

Set up a Truck with the new Mounts, the wider clamping area let me have a very good feeling even without any topmount braces. Now they are 18mm wide, lot more resitance against any forces from sideways i think

Sealing the gap of the clamping part with “SUGRU”, really felt in love with this stuff… so many ways to use it

Modded some of the motorpinions to wok with 10mm Motorshaft, it looks like nothing but this shit always takes some time… boring out to 10H7… drilling and threading 2 X M4 … shorten the Hub … machining the keyways

I will test a little different setup, going with the “new” APS Hev Motors 6374-240kv, never used that high KV motors in my builds but i need some RPM because i will go with the MAX6 and 8S. Maybe tests will fail, but i´m hoping for similar Vmax and good torque as the 12S setups, but without fire (-;

Motors looking nice on first sight, only the tiny 14AWG wires i dont like much, silicon wire is good but why not bigger…

Looking forward to some real live tests this week. Cheers

8 Likes

Always top notch work Jenns, how can anyone not love this stuff. Alien has some pretty monster size outrunners, I find myself dreaming that somehow these motors will fit.

6390 170kv 10mm shaft 80100 180kv 12mm shaft 8085 170kv 12mm shaft 8085 250kv 12mm shaft

Impossible huh?

2 Likes

When I get my hands on my Trampa, I’ll take measurements. 80100 probably impossible I’m guessing. I imagine the 12mm shaft would be an issue as well.

@Rob.Endless i actually have trampa trucks, jens’ mounts and an 80100 outrunner the same as alien sells :slight_smile:

As smudgeUK mentioned we have fitted these 80mm Motors to the Trampas already. I use a Leopard 8072, at the moment mounted on my Flampa Build :

@smudgeUK Nice to hear that you fitted the 100 mate ! How does it worked out for you ? Tight fit in length or? Cheers

1 Like

Oh sorry for the misunderstanding jenso (it is my fault, my wording was terrible!!) What i meant was, i had the parts to be able to hold them next to each other to see if they would fit :slight_smile:

plenty of space :smiley:

4 Likes

its so beautiful

4 Likes

So that is the AP 80100 180kv? WOW, that thing is beastly. Do you have pics of this motor mounted already. Also, what ESC are you using for such a huge motor. Thanks

So got all parts together for the actually Direct Drive :

This was the missing Carbonfibre panel, you also see the V-Ring for axial sealment :

Where is the f***ing Drivetrain :laughing:

Here it is…

You can see here that there is no inteference contur outside the wheel :

Complete Board :

Trampa HolyPro 16PLY Trampa Vertigo Trucks with “green” Dampas Trampa Superstars with Innova 8inch Street Tires Flame Velcro Binding with Trampa Heelstraps

Alien APS HEV 6374-240KV Motors Hobbywing MAX6 ESC

Hang Loose Jenso

28 Likes

Where is the LOVE button at? I only see a like button. For this particular set up, the absence of cross braces makes it look sleeker and more compact. Looking forward to seeing how the gears hold up after months and months of use. Based off of all the fine work and attention to details, I’m guessing it will hold up really well. If so, I might just have to get my hands on one of these kits in the future.

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words Rob! Looking forward to some longterm expierences with the gears. Time will tell :wink:

You can see here that there is no inteference contur outside the wheel :

You know… by looking at this picture I instantly imagined how it would look or run with 2 motors attached to one wheel! That would probably be way crazier :smiley: just not sure is it needed for someone to make a dual motor driven wheels instead of going 4wd…

2 Likes

Hey jenso do you get any type of movement from this setup as I see nothing to keep it from moving in on the trucks any type of locking ring on the inside of the trucks to prevent movement for example where the aluminum part goes on the trucks is there anything to keep it from riding in more over time I’m comparing direct drive systems right now and saw something on the other system that brought me to this question thanks

Geile Scheiße! (sry, don’t know how to translate - must be something like “plenty of hot shit”)

Some RC guys do so with big scale aplications. But normally they are 4WD and they place two motors on the center diff. In this case to drive one wheel with two motors i would prefer 4 Motors for 4 Wheels :wink:

The Trampa Truck is machined on two sides in a squareangle, the removed material is not much. Only 0.5mm from the 22mm per side, imo better then turning down to a round shape(here you will loose alot of material). The mount itself got a 18mm wide area where it is in contact with the truck on 2 sides. Two M8 ball pressure screws sit on the opposite side of the milled area and presses the mount on the squareangle. It looks very solid and holds up fine so far, this kind of clamping is proved on many many chain/beltdrive kits(without machined truck) in 10mm wide. Its needet to tighten the Screws again after the first rides because the metal head will move in a bit, but ones it set its hell of stable imo. Hope this answer your question, if not please feel free to ask anytime.

Geile Scheisse triffts doch gut :joy: Thanks Dude