E-Sk8 turns off after hard brake

Samsung 22p

uhhh… Then your whole pack can deliver 30A continuous and charging is at 6A max. Your settings are way out of specs. Limit battery current to 15A per VESC and battery regen to -5A per VESC. The BMS is still a possible factor too…

They have a built in BMS in their battery packs. Probably not bypassed and some shitty discharge rate that triggers the BMS with your settings.

This.

I had a pack custom made in China, asked for bypassed discharge, and they STILL put it discharge protected.

I am having a similar problem but in my case I get cuts accelerating and also braking. I have tried many configurations.

My battery is 10s4p Samsung 25r with BMS of 100A continuous for charging and discharging. Two Flipsky 6354 190KV engines and a VESC 4.20 dual Plus.

I currently have the VESC-Tool configuration in: Motor: 15 / -10 (very weak brakes); Battery: 15 / -4

With this configuration I am getting much less cuts than with higher value settings, but still cutting. I don’t know where I can have a problem anymore. But my doubt is if the BMS may be causing a cut even though it admits 100A continuous and 200A peak.

I would appreciate your feedback.

If you are capable of soldering you can bypass you BMS for discharge, at least for testing that. You can charge with 4A per cell without problems, meaning 16A@4p and -8A per VESC. Discharge can be 80A total, 40A / VESC. The motor settings are almost independent from this, so you could just run the new detection for values close to the real specs of the motors. Try setting 50/-50A motor. Cutouts might also be caused by bad connections / cabling. WIth max discharge you are in the 10AWG domain :wink:

If the battery is full charged , esc auto shut it off to avoid overcharging,