E-skate designs needed

Waterproof battery? The idea sounds cool! Could you please elaborate? :slight_smile:

Sure, I guess you are right. Regarding motor mounts, I guess it would be best to to fit caliber trucks and clones. It is the most used.

Regarding the enclosures, the design is more up for discussion. There is a lot of different ways to go at it. I am open to any design that seems relevant to the comunity. :slight_smile: I think most people use a 10s3p battery, so maybe an enclosure, that can fit to these. It could also be a split enclosure like boosted boards, with a smaller enclosure for the the speed controller and a bigger one for the batery. A 10s3p might get too big here thoughā€¦ :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your feedback.

I agree with you. Many people are already giving away there designs as open source, which I think is great too. This is kind of what I wish this to be as well.

As you say, many wish to design something, but dont see the point since they dont have the resources/connections/time to get them made. This is where I can help.

All I wanna do is to offer some great products. Sure I would like to make a profit too, but everyone have to eat right? Furthermore, it is not free to run a webshopā€¦

I get why some of you think it is stupid to give away your hard work for free. I guess it is a matter of perspective.

2 Likes

Sure! Good idea. I will see what I can do. Thanks for your idea :slight_smile:

Nice! Sounds good! :slight_smile: I will let you know. Expect a pm within the next couple of days.

I donā€™t think itā€™s a stupid idea at all, my point was just speculative that some of the best designs wonā€™t feature in this contest, thatā€™s all.

Iā€™m no designer, but the stuff Iā€™ve done is on thingiverse for anyone to use. Tbh Iā€™m flattered that so far Iā€™m up to a whopping 20+ downloads haha !

Hope you get some results in the end :+1:

1 Like

Yeah, well Iā€™ve had 3 people tip me a buck via PayPal so neener neener :grinning:

1 Like

You could cause yourself an intellectual property problem.

Patent laws vary from country to country. For example, in the U.S. one has a year after public disclosure to file the patent for U.S. patent protection in the U.S. However, as far as international patenting goes, that person loses the right to any international patents the moment it was published/disclosed. Soā€¦you could for example sell it outside of the U.S. without any problem, but that person still has a full year to patent his/her item in the U.S. AFTER ā€œpublishingā€ or disclosing the design, and if you sold it in the U.S. you would be infringing on his or her U.S. patent and could face a lawsuit in the U.S. Other countries may have even stronger IP laws.

Edit to add: You also have to watch out that someone may ā€œgiveā€ you a design, but that design MAY be patented by someone else, or even just PART of it may be patented by someone else. The helpful contributor may not have had any legal right to ā€œgiveā€ that design to you or the public. He or she may not even know itā€™s already been patented (in whole or in part) by someone. You could find yourself unknowingly infringing on someoneā€™s already existing patent.

1 Like

in response to this, i say go with the TB approach and design a ring, however combine that with Psychos idea of a press fit ring and then have a seperate mounting plate that attaches AND offer different sizes like marcmt88 who offeres 3 different length plates that have adjustable angles (again referencing TB plates)

thats about the only way to get universal i thinkā€¦ 1 plate that fits different press fit rings WITH grub screws, because why notā€¦ whats great is you literally just cut a bounch of circles and the only thing that changes is the shape of the inside cutā€¦ the rest is quite easily cookie cutter and universal, you can offer a drop down on the site to select the trucks in which u affer the adapter rings for and even sell just the rings so people can buy 1 whole kit and then only have to buy different rings and be good to go

however thats just meā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m humbled :joy::joy:

Was dining out on my DL figuresā€¦

1 Like

Just glad I donā€™t have to pay my bills that way :grinning:

1 Like

If you live in places like the uk it rains. I know its hard to believe but it does.

I have a flexy deck and one of the hardest things I have found is finding a waterproof battery solution. lots of companyā€™s offer large prebuilt batteryā€™s with/without bms but these often still require an enclosure and none are suitable for flexing.

I think a waterproof battery pack that can be easily mounted to stiff or flexy decks would be great for DIYers.

Im designing a solution at the moment, but its not on my priorities list

1 Like

:point_up_2:ā€¦I know what it is :sunglasses:

Lol Ive shown you 2-3 other things aswell I have forgotten :slight_smile:

Also working on one of those compression packs

1 Like