Electric Flexboardz

Slowly moving from hand made proto trials and errors to cad to next iteration .

3 Likes

Inner gear transmission (tentative)

3 Likes

Integrating the new parts…

2 Likes

Few pics to illustrate the different wheel options and the height adjustment possiblity…

2 Likes

F*****g around about RTC, max lean angle and deck height with pieces of “rubber”, hand-made parts (noone has the same dimension) and few nervous breakdowns…

2 Likes

Amazing project!

1 Like

Sorry for the lack of update.

Due to lockdown here, I 'm working on improving the electric compartment, at least regarding vibrations and (hopefully) cooling…

Considering my prior mistakes (see below), I won’t try to modify/shorten the electric wiring now (same for sealing as it’s dry season here now).

Detailed view of the internal gear carter. At least, it should be gravel proof.

Mistake mentionned above when I tried to go too fast in unknown territories (electronic)…

3 Likes

Slowly progressing…

1 Like

weighing, with only one motor = 10kg

2 Likes

3rd version of the electric compartment, with more space and fastening.

I’m trying now to improve the sealing.

3 Likes

Looks good

2 Likes

Installing straps and new wheels to test the board with a kitewing, while waiting for a new esc…

1 Like

9"x 3" wheels on the longer wheelbase position (95cm)

3 Likes

Looks awesome :ok_hand:

2 Likes
1 Like

Hi @Flexboardz, I just saw my old Flexboardz collecting dust in the garage and thought “it would be fantastic to electrify this one”. A quick google and I found you, the genius behind the board, doing exactly that! From what you have learned in this project, how would you recommend that I go forward? I see that you have replaced your swinger arms. Can you see a way to use the original arms? Thanks