Enertion DIY Assembly Help

Have a look at psychotiller’s space cell enclosures.

Awesome - orders placed - will keep you all posted, and reeeeeally appreciate the guidance.

1 Like

I was gonna say I’ll put it together for you. Or atleast help but theres that geographic divide. .

@cmatson got it right; get a decent soldering iron. For the thick wire joins (14AWG and up) use a wide tip not one of the pointy ones. Also, I’ve found that flux paste is invaluable for getting good results with thicker gauges. Even with flux-core solder, I find it helps.

(Holy thread resurrection) So here we are - its all soldered up, wired up, and ready to roll - except I’m stuck on the BLDC Tool telling me I need to update my firmware (VESC 4.7), but then after it runs it, it disconnects the VESC, and when I reconnect, its still showing the same original v1.10 firmware. Have rinsed and repeated many a time, to no avail.

After searching, it appears I need to buy a ST-Link/V@ for STM8 and then reload the bootware or something? Is there a way I can just use the old firmware, with an old BLDC tool, and get it to work? or is that non-advised. Just been working on this thing little by little for enough time, and ready to RIDE it at last.

Any help is most appreciated.

Cheers & Thanks, Guys,

@onloop Any thoughts here?