Enertion Hub Motor Varriants

Hi All,

I’m trying to get a Handle on the Versions of enertion Hub Motors.

Obviusly this is not the easist task as a consumer however hopefully with the help from other community members we should be able to make a List.

The Idea here is to have one place to collect information know about the varriaitions, to try and build some clarity around them, Photos models, Batch Numbers etc

Im aware of 5 Versions

Black Motors:

1. 8mm Axle
  2. 10mm Axle

Silver Motors(all 15mm)

1. V1 - With the Notch on the Axel

2. V2 Axel on outside has no Notch, One has a different finish on the Inside Aluminum Cover

3. V3 Axel on outside has no Notch

Lets see what we can find out!

Here are some additional images & information to help identify the different motor & truck versions.

2 Likes

Thanks Onloop for that contribution!

Question around the Silvers,

Ive got 2 sets ,myself and the only differance is the Finish on the Inside facing (towards hangar)

One is smooth, one is brittle, whats the differance there?

You can really see improvements with each version. It’s disappointing that there isn’t a v5

I got the raptor with 10 mm axle silverhubs, regardless of all the replaceable parts do you think the hub motors will last me 3 years ? i know the bms is prone

I still have a set of the first ever prototypes from 2016. They are working fine. They probably cpuld do with new bearings though.

Im after a variation to the Raptor 2.1 BMS or somewhere I can buy the BMS used in the Raptor 2.1 as mine has sh@t itself. Any help would be much appreciated @onloop

this is all i can find doing web search

1 Like

or get somthing like this & retro fit.

Finding Bearings, for Each Motor Version would be great + the ideal Lube per Version - Got new motors with broken bearings V4. And another version of V4 motors (different alumunum finish(Smooth) on inside truck facing side)

and those bearings are a dream, the roll is increable

HI Onloop,

In Terms of Raptor Hub Sleeves,

are all sleves reverse Compatable? if not which match which, is there a way to tell?

In addtion - Where can we find the “stock” Lubricant used in each version of the Hubs - as using alternative Lubricants can offten change the sound of the hubs (normally increasing their noise level)

my raptor 2.05 keeps throtling and im not sure what to do somtimes im going 50kmh and others im going 10kmh

I had to reconfigure everything in vesv tool ( got the flipsky vx2)

many things can cause throttling - most of the times its a setting in VESC tool around motor Temps or fets

Hi Onloop,

Do you happen to have the KV’s and Motor Pole Counts for the Hub models (this information is not easily found but helps users who want to setup their motors correctly.

1 Like

Truck/motors/wheel? Any chance you’ll ship it down to SYD? :laughing:

1 Like

Any chance we can get a list of the correct bearing sizes / types for each Hub motor Varriant?

Would be good for replacement parts and helping others find what they need faster.

1 Like

lol if you are running these hard enough to need bearing swaps… worrying

Depends on which motor type.

Ive got all except the V1.

Ive seen on the newest motors - dispite the built in Axle which holds on for thousands of KM unless the owner overtightens the outwheels.

Keep in mind - at 50 degrees, the hubs are subjected to alot of latteral and vertical stress.

the lower you run your rear, the longer they tend to last - especially if you like to carve hard.

(Ps i run my hubs on Ronins at 30-42.5 degrees) and 45-42.5 front.)

Another thing to note the newer motors use 16-18 AWG wire… however it almost apears to be silver wire @onloop Can you confirm the wire gauge/material choice?

Yo @onloop

Any chance for Actual specs of the Motors (for the ones you know)

Also any random reasons on the changes from mid/high strand silcone copper tinned wire to smaller low strand pvc insulated phase wires.

Was this based on heat/noise realted possibly?

Also older Hall sensors seem to come in sheilded insultation/where as the newer models seem to just be Pcv with Acyric on top.

PS. Would totally purchase that V1 motor with that sleeve. So hard to find the Older sleeves that were super soft :smiley:

2 Likes