Enertion Raptor Reviews

Ill wait until djupex posts his results/review about the abecs.

Its hard to see, but the left motor ist mounted a few millimeters “lower to the groud/street”. I dont know if this could cause any problems in the near future.

ABECs are great if you don’t mind the green :stuck_out_tongue: I use them on my GT and they’ve been lovely. I know @onloop expressed concern over this batch of wheels and said he wouldn’t be using that supplier anymore due to months of delays and getting the wrong colour profile for the wheels. I suppose it’s possible that there might’ve been shoddy manufacturing of said batch as well.

Hopefully his next batch of wheels are perfect. I’m using the Evolve GT wheels on my DIY build and I love their feel, softness (76A), and contact pitch (same as kegels!). I’d recommend picking these up.

you can easily adjustt that, basically tto lower to the ground the motor is the more tension is on the belt in this case. (not entirely true but i hope you get my point). To adjust it loosed the top 2 silver screws which go from the blue motor mountt into the carbon fiber plate, tthen you can “rotate” adjustt the motor and how "low"he is. Had to do thatt every 80km or so to adjust the belt tension.

1 Like

@michichopf said it perfectly. It is so easy to adjust. I am so bad at working with anything mechanical and so on but these things are easy to handle if you put a few minutes of video watching/reading into it. Abecs are literally coming today, in about 12 hrs and ill put them on straightaway. The colour is special I guess, maybe we have to recolour the trucks lol!

Maybe you should make a video of swapping out the wheels and putting wheel pulleys into the new ABECs as I’m sure many raptor owners will be doing same upgrade.

1 Like

im getting the weels tomorrow or tthe day after. Good idea. i will anyway do a lenghty video review after 350 km.

2 Likes

Did you get these issues figured out?

cannot really tell, i was so carefull that the issue wasnot able to occur. Though the raptor still is louder with the klciking noise, but i am att tthe end of my latin here. Don’t know what else to do. Would be good to know whatt exaclty VIP club meens and the “secial” guarantee they anounced. We will see another 75km to go…

I’m seeing this wheel thing mentioned frequently now. Do you feel Raptors should come as-standard with softer density wheels? Please let us know once you ride on the Abecs. Are they more expensive than what comes on it right now? Trying to figure out why they would pick the current ones if not for the price (which never seems to be a bottleneck anywhere else so I doubt its this reason) …

Original ABEC 11 flywheels are expensive, it would cost enertion a lot more to put those on. I believe they use clones of the original abec 11 wheels and put enertion branding on them. They have to make money somehow. Also the original ones are green only. Enertion wheels are blue to match their blue theme.

1 Like

Im getting the wheels from the post office and checking to get a camera before doing it but I got a problem, I dont know how to get the damn wheel pulley out of the enertion wheels. It is stuck so hard in there, you have no clue lol

Your in the second batch and it looks like these wheels that didnt have the right colour match seem to not have the same integrity as the first batch. ive had no problems to date. Did get some metal bit stuck in it, but wheels fine.

Keep an eye on the truck mount screw. Should be ok, but not so great up close I suppose.

You need to make adjustments to these things and check all the fixings. Before every ride. You dont want the motors coming off at speed.

GHave you check the vesc and leads out for the power. These was an post and email about the pins that could puncture the cables.

Also could the clicking noise be the belt being too close to the internal side 3 silver pins of the motor mount, if the belt isnt aligned prioperly it could be rubbing against that.

Also bearings? Anyway just my thoughts. Its a matter of trying to eliminate what it could not be by some testing, if you work it out let us know. How long have you has the board.

Your not on my where are all the raptors in the world thread.

how about keglels they would look great with the black carbon fibre, just that the wheel pulley wont fit

Going to add right now ;).

Btw im on my video review ill post it in this thread?! Seems the right place.

Sure, you can post your review here. I just changed the title to enertion raptor reviewS so I guess all raptor reviews can go here.

ughhh, finished the video and then my computer decided to shit the fan :frowning: . I will redo it but not really feeling doing it today…

2 Likes

Fck! Thanks though

It was suggested I post this here. Just my 2 cents.

If you can, please also address how your issues were handled and resolved. Give Enertion some time though.