Enertion Raptor Reviews

Thanks for the tip dude, I definitely need to do maintenance on it since I’ll be riding it almost every day. Let see how long it’ll last before a repair is needed. I still need to tighten the belt a bit more, haven’t had the chance to stop by the hardware store.

Little adjustments as you go will help it last …

The board and components should settle in…and require less tweeking…

Just keep and eye on wires rubbing or loose as well

As long as you keep stuff tight…the only maintaining will be the belt … Keep hard stops to a minimum…will go along way keeping the belts and motor healthy :wink:

1 Like

So about that, 2 quick questions: When I ride the Raptor I can hear the wires inside moving, I’m sure its ok, but is it a good idea to tape it down just to be safe? Also, when you said hard stop, do you mean quick hard break or just slow breaking? Cause I usually engage break for 2 sec then let go and reengage again after another second. It just feels right to do a slow stop. It never dawn on me that it takes a toll on the motor when I’m breaking (makes sense). Thanks for the info btw!

Edit: dudeee, thanks for telling me to check, found this while doing maintenance:

Found a glass shrapnel in mah belt, wondering if I should change It out as a safety precaution, the sucker is stuck pretty tight in there too. Gotta love the garbage filled street of NYC :roll_eyes:

Lol yeah new owner big mistake…not checking the board…

Just take the crap out and leave the belt unless you see a tear or missing teeth…

Wires? Sound?

Need video…

Stopping as in stopping so hard the teeth skip

1 Like

Oh…always listen to how your board sounds…if something sounds not right…usually you will be right

2 Likes

If you hear something moving around inside the compartment… 3m or use foam to cushion it so it stops moving

1 Like

LOL I couldn’t avoid comment this. I watch Casey’s vlog everyday and is a thrill to watch him sliding between cars and trucks while riding his BB in New York. :grin:

Currently www.boostedboards.co (and .org and .net) link to your boosted vs raptor mono video :upside_down:

2 Likes

For all the ppl sitting on the fence as to whether they should commit to a Raptor, just get an order in and be patient. The thing is awesome.

Once you have one you will wonder how you lived without it. When Ive finished a ride Im thinking about the next adventure on it. Sure there could be issues. Its like any mechanical and electronic piece of transport, it needs maintenance and the thing takes a pounding.

Most of all take care at speed. This no helmet stuff with BB riders is not cool. The Raptor goes at 27miles per hour and demands respect. If your going at those speeds up a hill theres nothing like it being able to stand there as you pass everything.

Enjoy All my fellow Raptor Owners we are truely in a club of our own. Also post in my where are all the Raptors in the world.p thread. Come on Aussies where are you.

3 Likes

Heyho quick question. Im about to drive to my local longboard shop and purchase the abec wheels. Which ones should I choose? Cannot see 83mm ones.

Have a great day

I think the 75 are softer. The 78s should be fine if you need them now.

I just edited the post, were any of these the ones we talked about?

83mm 78a or 75a

1 Like

Thx I see but they dont offer 83mm or did I missread. Nevermind I sound like a stupid … Ill just check the store out

Even though the raptor goes a tad bit faster and probably has more torque than my GT I’m still a bit hesitant to place another order… I’m eager to see how all of your boards hold up and what (hopefully little, if any) issues you guys run into. Think I’ll jump in when the Raptors are not on pre order status and parts are in good supply. Being out of commission sucks…also want to see what people think of the new remote

I can pretty much guarantee that you will have to tinker with the raptor more than you would with the GT. It’s a board made out of DIY components. But If you just open the lid and look at it… Its all so simple. Just a receiver, VESCs, which go out to motors that are attached to the trucks by the motor mounts.

As you can see from this thread, issues do arise but most of them are issues you can fix yourself. For example if you look at my original review I wrote that one of my motors randomly went out while riding. This was likely because one of the motor wires wasn’t plugged in all the way so I had to push it into the VESC. Simple as that, issue didn’t happen again.

There are also higher chances of something being built incorrectly at the factory, for example the battery on/off switch not being in the perfect position that many people have complained about. Instead of demanding a new battery, I would have just cut the lid opening a bit wider. Other complaints with more complicated DIY solutions are things like the phase wires getting shorted out.

So point being, you will find complains about issues. But MOST of those the user can resolve themselves. I don’t think this board is for the average Joe who just wants to buy a board and then send it back to the company for any minor issue that arises, get a boosted if you want that. You will have to learn the electronics and mechanics, you will need to check that all screws are done properly, you will need to check belt alignment and tension and know how to adjust both, you will need to understand how the whole drivetrain works, and how the electronics are laid out and what they do. If you know all that, this and the LHB custom boards are in fact the best performing boards on the market by far. That’s just a fact, if someone wants to find me higher performance boards than my LHB or the raptor… Let me know cuz I couldn’t find any.

Edit: I haven’t had to learn the VESC tuning yet because the raptor settings are PERFECT. Dare I say it’s as controllable as the boosted almost, maybe with a better remote it might be even better. Also if someone wants me to make a video of how the electronics are laid out in the raptor and what each component is and how it hooks into what… I can. But I think enertion already did that on their youtube channel somewhere.

2 Likes

The settings are really really good! I agree. Just visited my local longboard shop and they only had smaller wheels. I guess I have to order abec 83mm 75a from the internet

1 Like

Hey man, which caps u have with your vescs? Do you have he startup throttle issue? Just looking for someone to point us in the right direction

I will make a lenghty comparison after 350km. Mainly to the boosted and my diy build of wich i both rode more on. Daily commute of 10km per way adds up quick :wink:

Edit: i also want to change the remote because i dont like it, it broke already and it is too small for my big hands ( I am 2,04 m). Probably will see what most poeple would like to change to, do it and do a tutorial for those who might be frightened to do themselves.