Enertion Raptor Third(?) batch Info roundup

thx for the help. Apreciated.

Hey fellow Enertion order waiter guysā€¦ Just wondering has anyone had a confirmation of order fulfilment in the last 12 hours, and if so what was their order number? Iā€™m headfirst away next week and trying to plan if I can take my project with meā€¦ Thanks!

Hey everyone,

Got my dual raptor a few days ago

Big thanks to Jason and his team, and this board is 10x better than I could have imagined.

This is my first long board and first time ever on a electric skateboard, iā€™ve been skating since I was about 5, and once I got a handle on the sensitivity it was pretty easy and very stable to ride.

Iā€™m from tassie and anyone worried about Hill climbing, donā€™t worry this thing destroys Hills. With a backpack ready to ride Iā€™m 96kg. And I havenā€™t found a hill yet that it doesnā€™t fly up. Tasmanian Hills are big and steep.

Board is very well made, Iā€™m going to have to tighten the belts today but I feel thatā€™s pretty normal with new belts and I gave them a workout the first day.

Only minor issues Iā€™ve had is, if you click in the joystick while not accelerating, ie. Free rolling or braking you lose all control of the board and it starts free rolling, but it comes back if you click it in again. Just be wary of this as I had to jump off going very fast dowhill a few times at first not realizing what I had done. I reckon this can easily be fixed with some vesc updating.

The other problem is, the brakes donā€™t ease off until you get back to the middle with the joy sick, then itā€™s a bit of a jolt back to free rolling. Again this is something that should be able to get fixed with vesc updates I assume. Not a big issue but makes going down steep hills a bit tricky and slow. The brakes are excellent and will stop you on very steep inclines.

Overall though Iā€™ve been the board a workout and its been perfect otherwise. Scary powerful, helmet at very least itā€™s a must.

Battery life is amazing, and highly recommended getting the fast charger too.

I was also missing the handle, but iā€™ll message them and they ll and one out!

The only other minor issue is Iā€™m regular but push Mongo and the power switch on the board, is right where I put my foot for pushing , so quite a few times when I push to get started I accidentally turn the board off with my foot.

3 Likes

I never thought about thatā€¦why put a power button on top where your feet goā€¦ one misstep and you have a runaway board if done midride

Well the switch is recessed in, it would be pretty hard to push with a flat shoe. You usually need to stick a finger in there, or maybe the side of your shoe. Also it is in a spot where your foot shouldnā€™t be really, right int he middle of teh board. I keep my feet close to trucks.

I donā€™t want to jinx anything but Iā€™m starting to think as long as the raptor is working fine, it is probably the best complete non custom board out there. I am confident all raptor reviews will be of two varieties.

1. the board works and it is awesome and the best board ever bla blaā€¦

2. something is an issue, battery not working, etcā€¦but when teh issue is fixed and they get the raptor going, again it becomes the best complete board.

I wanted to have a race with my LHB, but no one there to ride with me haha. I already know the result, raptor will win up to ~25 mph but after that the LHB will blast off and leave the raptor.

1 Like

prevents liquid ingress from roadside, my intention was to have a fully sealed deck roadside.

1 Like

Iā€™ll take the battery out this arvo maybe something is pushing the batter up a bit from the inside, really the power button is in the best place, iā€™ve never hit it off when riding. Only when Iā€™m pushing to get going. Iā€™ll work out an solution.

If youā€™re thinking about ordering a raptor, just do it! You wonā€™t regret it. The raptor is already amazing, and itā€™s only going to get better and more refined.

I gave it a run on the wet last night, up some Hills too and I still had heaps of grip.

Youā€™ve said that about every board youā€™ve owned so far so yeah, no surprise there. Perhaps try to replace the repetitive use of ā€˜bestā€™ with the specific attribute that you feel is most important for YOU and your wants/ needs. Once you do that, your reviews will begin to have the value you probably want to offer, and will probably appeal to more people.

1 Like

I was able to connect the port with the battery, tooo me for ever but I learned something. After my first hour on it im shocked by the torque. My friends boosted had no chance ;). Though the tipps frop @Photorph of titening the truck was a good call. Especially in the beginning.

Truely truely awesome.

1 Like

I said raptor is the best complete non custom boardā€¦that means just that. Out of boosted, evolve, Yuneec and raptorā€¦ Itā€™s the best. I didnā€™t include custom and DIY boards in the ā€œbestā€ statement cuz thatā€™s a whole different category.

Better than LHB?

Again, you are missing the point. Air travel your most important consideration? Nope not the best. Reliability the most important consideration? Nope not the best. Immediate delivery your most important consideration? Nope not the best. Range the most important consideration? Nope not the best. Quick delivery- nope not the best. Reliably fast customer service? Nope not the best. Silent operation? Nope not the best. Quality, small form factor controller?nope not the best. Want 97 or larger wheels or AT, nope not the best. Price? Nope. Light weight? Nope. Board flex a must have for you? Nope not the best. Torque and speed combo with kick tail and a cool retro style your primary want- yes the best. However you weight up all those metrics and attribute changes the concept on what is best for you. You simply need to balance your sweeping statements. Go back and check your boosted, LHB, and now raptor comments. Eg: ā€œproof BB D+ kills Inboard! Inboard canā€™t climb steep gradients!ā€ Well what if you donā€™t have hills and love freewheeling? You proclaimed your LHB as the best board ever period. What if you want to carry your board at the shops or on the bus? Not so good. Not competent in adjusting VESC setting? Not so good. Just get some perspective man and dial back your sweeping proclamations and click bait headlines. Next month Iā€™ll be hearing all about your Olin board being the greatest thing on the planet period, when it too, will have strengths and weaknesses that make the word ā€˜bestā€™ completely subjective and thus irrelevant to any conversation. So I refute your claim and now challenge you to objectively define your definition of ā€˜bestā€™, and invite everyone else in this forum to point out the weaknesses in your argument based on their own respective wants in a board. Or you can just be happy with your purchase, espouse its strengths, and drop the irrelevant use of 'best complete/ custom/ whatever '. Your call.

3 Likes

I mention all these things if you read everything I wrote. I point out the boosted is better for air travel, has a smoother remote, etc etc. I point out the LHB is heavier than bla bla board. I point out my delivery times for each one. I point out the evolve is more versatile. I pointed out the boosted has flex and thus is more comfortable.

I have always stated everywhere that there is no perfect board, the best depends on what each person wants. Whatā€™s best for me changes, because as I discover new things what I want changes. The BB was the best board to me because it was the best board I knew of at the time until I discovered others. My priorities about what I want in a board changed over time as well. Therefore the best board for me changes. That is why when I say ā€œitā€™s the bestā€ I always add something after it to point out what itā€™s the best in.

On this forum Iā€™ve been consistently saying the LHB is the best for high speed thrills. The raptor is the best for torque/acceleration/hills. Go see my review of the LHB and the raptor. People have asked me about boosted vs evolve vs lhb vs raptor on reddit, go see all my responses and youā€™ll see I gave a different response to each person depending on what they are looking for. But if they simply ask whatā€™s the best I generally say in a nutshell the evolve for versatility, LHB for high speed, raptor for hills/acceleration, and boosted for comfort/crusing/airline travel.

My definition of best changes, but the reviews I give are pretty objective. They are factual, nothing will change the fact that LHB has the highest top speed, or raptor has the highest torqueā€¦etc. The reviews are from my perspective, and in my perspective the raptor is the best overall complete board (excluding custom builds like the LHB and DIY boards). So therefore I state the raptor is the best overall complete boardā€¦(and as iā€™ve mentioned many times, I pointed out advantages of others over the raptor as well).

Depends on what you want. I couldnā€™t pick between the two, what I like more would depend on what I feel like doing that day or what Iā€™m using the board for. I like my LHB for going above 25 mph and doing long distance riding, and i like the raptor for going up hills and when I feel like blasting off like a rocket from the line.

You arenā€™t as half impartial as you make out, just check your last three posts in this thread. Yep, itā€™s getting better but you still trot out the best board ever claims and forget to add ā€œfor me because I need Xā€. Want to head back to your evolve Gt comments, which were even better considering you donā€™t have access to one? Iā€™m checking out of this convo, posting history is your friend if you want to reflect, but do as you please dude.

I donā€™t have access to evolve GT, but all the other boards I have used extensively. My comments about evolve GT are based on everyone else who owns it and reading their experiences with it, and my experience with using double kingpin trucks.

Iā€™m actually very fair to every board and give each one the best title in whatever category they deserve. I am saying best to the raptor in this thread because the few people I was talking to were looking for everything that the raptor promises and offers, and to all of them the raptor would be the best. Iā€™ve recommended the boosted board over the raptor and the evolve GT over the raptor to many people. Go ahead see my posting history on forums or threads that arenā€™t specifically about one board. In fact here is one from yesterday.

and i can paste many more like this. Anyway out of respect for this thread, iā€™m not going to keep going with this discussion. I stand by everything Iā€™ve said as everything has just been facts.

And iā€™m still saying raptor is the best complete board out of the current big players that I have either had or used or read a lot about. (Iā€™ll add a ā€œfor meā€ at the end if it makes you feel better).

Edit: I should also add when the raptor works, it is the best

1 Like

Whoah. Whats happened to this thread. Everyone has an opinion and its their own. No need to state that everytime you post something. I think @Photorph has more than enough experience and ownership of different boards to have an opionion between them. Maybe not the GT, but if someone could offer him one to try he would.

I know that all GT owners think theirs is the best eboard at present and it may be for specific reasons which Im also sure would be long. The budget for it is also like 10 fold of Raptors. Lets be fair here. Evolve is a great company with great marketing. Boosted should be worried.

As far as what I like about the Raptor Dual: carbon fibre deck and its look and shape, lightweight for its size, and good for moving around day to day withh handle, good range 30km, top speed 45km and how quickly it get to that speed, hot swap battery, ease of use, lcd screen on deck, and most importantly the TORQUE from the R-sped motior. The dual loves eating hills. Its so much fun.

2 Likes

30km range as claimed. Probably av 25km for me. Depends in what terrain and speeds your doing. Weight of rider. Im light.

Hey guys my raptor one of my dual raptor motors stopped working this morning and the other is hardly moving.

I posted a new topic here if anyone can help me?