Enertion VESC-X ON/OFF Power Switch?

I plan to purchase a VESC-X and want to incorporate an ON/OFF switch like “ready-to-ride” boards. A few RC companies already sell switches like these that I might be able to use. I was wondering if anyone has experience with new VESC-X and if there is a “Plug-and Play” solution. Not sure how ON/OFF switches are wired/connected in “ready-to-ride” boards. Please see switch I was thinking of using (link). Also recommend a different switch or solution if you know of one. I know about the “Loop Key” method already.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek-rc-electronic-switch-w-voltage-cutoff-ptk-4060/p360119

TB makes an anti-spark switch. That’s what I’ve been using and it works great so far. diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/electric-skateboard-on-off-power-switch/

Or you can get ABMS with an on/off soft switch.

Be careful with that switch. So many including me have tried Multiple and the can. Real very easily. They are not robust, and only work in certain situations. Nobody knows exactly why but maybe things like vescs caps size and length of cables between the vesc and powerswitch could break them. Their was a thread about them a while ago and he said he’s working on a new one.

2 Likes

yeah fully agree with @evoheyax - I burnt them all; they don’t support 12S well. I am now back on Vedder Antispark Powerswitch which works fine.

Mate just go with a xt90 anti-spark connector. I originally wanted a more polished switch but went with the xt90s for cost. As long as its secured in and you can solder then your good. I love mine now !

1 Like

ok ok, I get it. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. Sounds like I might just settle for XT90 antispark. I just figured with the electronics industry being so huge, there must be an off the shelf solution. Thanks for all the input.