EON Kickstarter

seriously. so tempted to bullshit my way into $100K. Iā€™m super good with a camera and bullshit. Maybe @RunPlayBack wants to get down with a dope scam :money_mouth: :joy:

I think they mean ā€œfirst modularā€

Iā€™m pretty sure the guys behind this are on the forumā€¦

i think youā€™re right. I seem to recall a CAD in the Pics Only thread

10 batteries?! This thing is so under-powered, even if it did have two motors. 1000watts my ass. make a good video and fill it with bull and put it on Kickstarter

sounds good. lets do it :smiling_imp:

And in the description put 25+ mile range (*downhill only)

Marketing crap. The best marketing video we could do is to buy this and every other commercial board and crush them going up hills. I donā€™t believe this thing could do the grade it even says. If these guys are in SF Iā€™d like to see if they have the confidence to meet and compare. Doubt it.
If we did a video and compared and that simply was the Kickstarter video maybe people would understand Iā€™m going to contact them and see if theyā€™re still here and will come out.

No but thatā€™s the only way I see that theyd get 15mile on a charge

for the record, their packs have the same 99Wh as Boostedā€™s which means at best the 2-pack unit is 198Wh. Those hubtors and their secret ā€œOFOCā€ VESC sauce better pretty special. As @Hummie points out, marketing is easy. Proving it is another thing altogether. We just need some super-nerd genius to come up with a super-tits battery pack and weā€™ll all be saved. Calling all super nerdsā€¦

As stated, I remain skeptical. Hereā€™s the specs from their site:

99 Wh Lithium-ion cells (10S - 37 V)
Meets IATA air travel regulations and includes a travel safety bag Charge time at 2A = 75min
Swappable: UNLIMITED range!

I wonder what those cells are. One set in series none parallelā€¦either they will destroy the cells with any kind of a hill or it has extremely low amp limit and wonā€™t go up the hill or go so slow the motor melts the rubber. . Iā€™d like to see them try to go up some hills and take some temp readings. One small motor, so small you can even bolt the truck nut onā€¦it pisses me off when people make a killing selling super weak stuff with bogus claims.

1 Like

sidebar ā€“ didnt realize you (carvon) were in Burbank. Maybe we can link up once I get my board together? Iā€™d like to check out your hubz. Iā€™m right by da beach, boyeeeee

You guys better have a Starbucks in hand when you meet up with Jerry lol

Letā€™s hope it does soon. Although I think @joeadams101 is having board issues. I am too-- Iā€™m without a power source and VESC ATM. @Michaelinvegas you gunna ditch your female and cruise with us??

Lol I hate u guys lol

Looks decent.

1 Like

These guys have to be blowing smokeā€¦ lol

THE BIG QUESTION ISā€¦ how long until their hub motor becomes available to buy from the factory (on aliexpress etc)ā€¦ people throwing shade on it probably didnt even watch the video long enough to descipher that THE HUB MOTOR MOUNTS ONTO ANY TRUCKā€¦ i guess theyve designed it to have the stator somehow grip onto a circular shaped axleā€¦ also there is a little sleeve thingy that slips pretty far over most cylindrical shaped hangersā€¦ probably because the axle most likely isnt long enough for the wider hub motors and are disgned for regular wheels that dip in on both sidesā€¦ the video has a bunch of engineer dudes on solidworks designing the motor so im assuming that this is some kind of original design they are collaborating with the factory onā€¦

do these types of hub motor mounts already exist? the only ones i have seen have some kind of square hole that holds them in placeā€¦ or have some kind of flange bracket that bolts onto the statorā€¦

because i would LOVE to do a diy build with dual hub motors of this type that can just slide onto my super 210mm wide ā€œTrackerā€ trucksā€¦ and then spec out the proper esc and battery to go with everyhingā€¦

everyone is so quick to exclaim ā€œoh great another mellow rebrandā€ meanwhile did you look close enough to see that its impossible that they got it from the same factory becasue the motor is mounted in an entirely different wayā€¦ this goes for landwheel, onan, etc as wellā€¦ completely different hub motor than mellow just based on the immedately visible fact of how its mounted let alone if you opened it up to discover theyre not the sameā€¦ mellow is also only produced in germanyā€¦

so if anything its a ripoff of the IDEA of selling just the drive trainā€¦ which isnt really illegal or a patentable ideaā€¦ just because mellow was the first to do itā€¦ btwā€¦ mellow is $1700+ and not better than a raptor 2 so wtf is with all the mellow dick sucking on this forum