ESC Replacement Questions/WallofText

Okay so before anything, you will have to check the faults codes. Do this first before proceeding.

Pray it doesn’t say DRV fault.

I entered “faults” on the VESC terminal and got nothing.

“No faults registered since startup”

1 Like

Okay, before proceeding, unplug the esc and replug it and see if the red lights leaves. If they’re there, your battery is probably dying.

Wait I just checked the other side (other USB connector) and for the following:

The following faults were registered since start:

Fault : FAULT_CODE_OVER_TEMP_MOTOR Motor : 1 Current : 0.0 Current filtered : 0.0 Voltage : 49.20 Duty : 0.000 RPM : -0.5 Tacho : 0 Cycles running : 0 TIM duty : 0 TIM val samp : 3360 TIM current samp : 3360 TIM top : 6720 Comm step : 0 Temperature : 26.12

There’s the source of your issues. This must be fixed first.

Got any ideas? :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe the temp wire has a bad connection? Or do you think the motor is bad? Motors worked before I replaced the old ESC.

Disconnect both motors and then restart the esc. If the red lights are gone, I will help you with the vesc set up. If the temp wires gives you an issue after this, you can disconnect it. Not really necessary.

disconnected all motor wires (JST and bullets). red leds are off.

1 Like

Good, now we can start. I’ll upload photos. So make sure you have the esc ready and on firmware tab. I’ll see on my end if it’s generic

Edit: Setting up.

1 Like

Alright. I will be using my old esc for this since it’s still on 5.1. It should be the same.

Give me a second and bear with me… I forgot i put the battery in a different board lol.

1 Like

Alright so on firmware, does it say the following? Yours should say vesc 60.

Nothing.

Lol what? Which vesc tool did you get?

Huh… that’s odd. Can you do this and download the free version for a second? See if it’s the same there.

No wonder I didn’t understand.

You can get it from here:

https://vesc-project.com/vesc_tool

1 Like

Exact same thing.

Okay that is so weird. See if disconnecting and reconnecting via the software helps

maybe the flash/storage on the VESC is bad? I would think that may show up on fault list though.

Man I’ve reconnected 14 billion times lol

I know… it’s dumb. If there is a fault it should load up in the terminal. But you have to try both side of the esc to see if there is any. It’s a lame process.

1 Like

np ill double check. red leds are still off. I’ll check that one time, but then I got to roll. pretty late here.