ESk8 are you Interested a Competitive Build-Off with Prize $$$?

Umm…what?

1 Like

My vote goes to whitepony that guy is an artist.

1 Like

eSk8 Community,

The new concept behind this competition is not about the guys that do this professionally everyday it is about the small guy in his home shop with a big idea. I have received many messages from the professional builders that are very supportive and would like to see the creativity of this community expressed in a build. Yes maybe there is some duct tape but maybe also there is an application of new material technologies or new electronics or new designs. I see everyone going to the same sources however these all started with an idea and a passion to find a way to make them possible. Who is excited about demonstrating some creativity and innovation? as I am one looking to see it!!

1 Like

Well I have quite a few simple but significant ideas I want to put at play for my boards. I’m down for a competition judged solely on innovation rather than precision.

That is what I am thinking…we are a large body to of cutting edge DIY enthusiast…I am not meaning any offense to the professional builders in this community however we and they are still plagued with adoption / adaption of products to meet the eSK8 needs…Motors, truck hangers, board deck design, power sources etc, I would like to see the creativity of this community take products to the next level… Just my thoughts,

Kevin

My bet would be on @longhairedboy and if he abstained like he said…then either @whitepony or @okp. That said, there are several really talented enthusiasts on this forum. I’d be willing to kick down $10 - $20 just to see what they come up with.

1 Like

Those builders are very talented however they also started at some point with an idea and passion for what this sport can be and have been true innovators, I am interested in seeing more join in.

The three I mentioned are simply the three I’ve stolen ideas from most often. Of those three, @whitepony is only one that doesn’t get paid to build boards. He just builds top notch boards for his own use and enjoyment, but I totally agree, the more the merrier.

Like I said before, I’d love to see what people can come up with and would be willing to back my curiosity with a small donation towards the winners prize.

Thanks Adam0311,

We both are interested in seeing what the community can create…

Honestly this forum has plenty of excellent and innovative builders. I think a price limit and building a good skateboard that someone would want as a raffle prize.

Are there rules for custom parts for ex. Carbon fiber, fiber glass, CNCed parts?

Also there should be awards such as Duct tape master, most innovative, most extreme looking, etc.

@ksfacinelli I don’t see the skin in the game here to initiate something like this.

If you’re a whale and buying for a mid-life crisis or ‘personnel of the month’ then go ahead and commission the dream board off of the many good builders on the forum for $2500+, but expect to pay what you should pay.

If you’re done any reading you know who they are & know what they are capable and the style of their work. As a work commisioner you have signoff on the ongoing build as you would expect

If you’ve come in here and expect folks to plough money into a build which may not be sold at all & if they are lucky to win then they get $500 for labour ,it simply won’t come about as you expect, nor should it

You may get offered already some already built buttboards for this ‘inducement’.

In essence, stop being cheap, you’re better than that probably

1 Like

I’d be down for judging. OR being on a panel of judges of professional or industry builders.

Honestly i don’t think anyone who builds professionally should participate because then it will just be harder for me to poach talent later.

3 Likes