Esk8 blades! Just ran across them on Kickstarter!

I know I’ve seen a few of you trying to make these. I think this “young” guy has the right idea!! I’m not one for blades but I might get a pair just for fun. Screenshot_20190507-213238 Screenshot_20190507-213226 Screenshot_20190507-213621 Screenshot_20190507-213329 Screenshot_20190507-213222

Thoughts?

1 Like

I wanna see their guts, a 1400W motor with ESC and lipo battery is a tight fit, I can’t imagine they use li ion

Yeah I’d like to see more

sketchy clearance I guess boot users never have small stone problems?

4 Likes

Congratulations! Now let the 90’s have their toys back.

4 Likes

yeah… looks pretty yikes compared to what the other… erm… e-rollerbladers(?) have made. Especially that thread recently. That looked literally 20x better than this

2 Likes

The expert on that is @Vanarian

2 Likes

Something interesting too!

2 Likes

Well from my humble experience, the drivetrain should pack nice torque and chain drive sounds strong in every ways.

This was tried before by a Russian builder :

I don’t know how fast he really went with his pair but it was a single 3500watt chain drive and it sure looked fast in video!

Now for the negative, both these skates will have terrible handling and pretty bad cornering ability. Clearance is also a problem cause when you toss middle wheels out, you no longer have a “rolling rail” to pass above obstacles.

I’ve spent 2 full months back in the days testing 2 wheels per skates and it proved to be awful (despite having shorter frames than the skates above) : it lacked lateral grip, rolling resistance was bigger thus stressing the ends of the frames and braking was also a problem (less wheel patch on the road). Even one more wheel in middle made a world of difference.

Eventually 2 wheels for off road with reinforced frame + pneumatic 150mm makes more sense (grip is good) and it gives better clearance too.

On another note, he has worked on Trinity mounts which is nice ! But he may encounter legal issues with Powerslide cause Trinity is patented and PS have cash to back it up. They also published once about licensing the patent to companies interested in Trinity.

I have a Trinity version myself and am not even sure if I can release it without violating the patent (is it only the boots or the whole frame is concerned too).

Still : his skates are running and that’s good, he has room to improve. Eventually he could borrow from Thundrblade to make it more compact ?

4 Likes

I 100% agree but I haven’t even researched Eblades so I didn’t know they were a thing except the one thread on here I found with skates but not blades. Also I had to hand it to this guy who is like 58 or something and still making cool shit. I only hope I don’t lose interest in invention in 20 years and that my mind is sharp enough to still innovate.

1 Like

Just seen Your profile pic man and wow yeah where did you get those eblades or did you make them?

1 Like

Thanks man! Yea I’m making them ! My thumbnail is only render of undergoing work, I have an older version in bits (broke during my last house moving). I’ll try and open my own topic tonight, just got home :v:t4:

2 Likes

Hell yeah bro I look forward to it. Been seeing lots of cool tech this months

1 Like