Esk8 engineers (longest distance in 24hr world record attempt)

5A for 1 cell, but you have 8 cells in parallel, so 8x5 = 40A charging current should be okey.

No offence, but you should probably take some time to learn a little bit more about esk8 stuff before attempting such a serious ride.

1 Like

No offense taken, this ride isnt just to beat some ridiculous record, I was recently diagnosed with epilepsy and had to sell my truck. I used to race as a kid and my favorite thing to do growing up is working on cars with my dad. I know I’m way inexperienced but I would like to learn. On the battery specifications it reads a charge current of 0.2C at 4.2V (98mA). From what I gathered from your post you take the cell capacity multiplied by the cells in parallel would equal the total packs capasity. I dont believe that’s the same as the charging current. Attached is details on the 50E cell

It says max charge 4.9A per Cell, if u got 5P, then thats ~25Amps per pack

Though they suggest 0.5C for longevity, so you say it is ‘safer’ to charge at ~2.45 amps per cell, if 5P, then ~12.5 amps per pack

1 Like

Build update… I drew a rough sketch of the enclosure (made from aluminium sheet metal) with approximate dimensions in inches and placement of battery, esc, switches and ports. Let me know what you think please

Deck is 40"x10" (i didnt size the outline of the deck length correctly in the drawing)

I think someone needs to be extra careful with battery wires when using Alu tray, or cover the insides somehow