Hey guys, just finishing working on a small project, which I was wanted to finish for a long time. Originally it was intended just for RGB light control, but because of space requirement I ended up with pretty beefy MCU I decided just to make a board with all outputs and inputs routed out.
Short description this is motherboard for Arduino Pro Micro module which routes out connections and makes it easy to use and connect things together. I am releasing everything open source. Its uses are to connect rf receiver, vesc as inputs for data throttle position, rpm, voltage, current and etc data and use it to control addressable RGB led strips like WS2812, relays, use inputs for temperature, potentiometers, voltage, current or etc… Also connect NRF24 module for remote connection to ur helmet, backpack or etc? Also, you can connect TFT/LCD screens like @janpom DAVega LCD screen and etc things (use ur imagination)
- Powered by Arduino Pro Micro module with USB connection (no usb - serial cables)
- 2 x PPM Inputs
- 1 x UART (VESC connection)
- 4 x 3 pin (IO, 5V, GND) (Used for relays, potentiometers, led buttons, temperature sensors and etc it can be logic input, logic output, few of them can do PWM output and all can do ADC input)
- 1 x SPI + 3 external control pins for LCD additional pins or NRF24 control signals (These pins are also can be switched off and used as normal input/output pins through the main connector)
- 10 x Input/Output + GND pins
- Power supplied by PPM/Uart or 6V-16V input (it powers only MCU everything else will require external voltage converter)
I am going to finish writing library for Arduino which will include PPM reading, VESC data fetching, all the pins defined as constants no reverse looking and few other functionalities. Also, I will provide a few sample projects and maybe even code generator which would peace code from blocks.
Here are a few other components which would ease playing with this we will try to keep stock of these in store too:
- 5V 3A DC/DC regulator https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PCS-High-Quality-3A-Adjustable-DCDC-LM2596-LM2596S-input-4V-35V-Output-1-23V-30V-dc/32280431843.html
- Pre-crimped 2, 3, 4 pin connectors https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10PCS-20CM-Single-head-DUPONT-LINE-DUPONT-connector-plug-with-cable-jumper-wire-2-54MM-PITCH/32906121697.html
- Relay board (Control your 12V/24V lights or any other higher load) (uses 3 pin connector) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-1PCS-5V-low-level-trigger-One-1-Channel-Relay-Module-interface-Board-Shield-For/32519570562.html
- Arduino Pro Micro (yet to verify if correct & works) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pcs-TENSTAR-ROBOT-With-the-bootloader-Black-Pro-Micro-ATmega32U4-5V-16MHz-Module-controller-Mega32U4-mini/32849563958.html or if you want trusted one from SparkFun https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12640
Few usage examples:
- Using PPM input from receiver to make a brake lights from WS218 strip controlled intensity and etc.
- Use PPM input and a second channel for Mini/Nano-X for brakes and light turn on
- Use external buttons or button and pots to control different light scenes for multiple RGB strips.
Here are some real-life examples:
Some random RGB strip light patterns:
Using PPM input for Acceleration RBG lighting and Red brake light. When Nano-X second channel button is held for 5s turn on night mode which turns on “front light relay” and puts the RGB strip into a tail light mode when nothing is done on the throttle"
I will be posting some more examples later on Still trying to figure out how to provide everything as custom Arduino board with libraries integrated but still extending original Arduino core…