(EU) Enclosures Boosted style wanted

Hit @fedestanco up, he has what you need

EDIT: typo, I meant @fottaz

Maybe you mean @fottaz ?

Hahahahahahaha damn I’m in Venice and thinking about other stuff, got confused :smile: , let me edit that :wink:

1 Like

Haha perfect I got my vesc, remote, motor and bluetooth dongle from @fottaz through his website. Should arrive here tomorrow!

His enclosures are allright, but I would rather have the vesc enclosure to be shorter. Like 10 cm for example

1 Like

I’ve printed this nice design today - I’ve used Extrudr Green Tec filament and it’s probably one of the sturdiest and nicest on the market. Should really hold well. I’ve sanded it a bit so it’s in a rough state atm, should look really sleek once it’s finished - sanded, primed and painted. Picsies: http://imgur.com/a/PEnqC I’ve remixed this design: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2264273

That looks really nice! Are you planning to have your wires run underneath the deck?

I’d like to run them above the deck, underneath the griptape. So those holes in the design would be unnecessary. Is it ok to get it without the holes in the front?

Also, I’ve got a motor with sensor wires. This one; http://eskating.eu/product/electric-skateboard-motor-6374-190kv-sealed-sensored/ The phasewire holes in the design are great!

1 Like

Well, I’ve tested the whole setup and now when it works I’m trying to find a nice way to pack everything up so that it is sturdy, safe and easy enough to maintain. I’ll have the batteries (2x4S Lipos) in another enclosure. I’ll run the serial XT90 cable from VESC to them for which I need that XT90 hole. :slight_smile:

There’s also a hole for the power button ready on the VESC enclosure. I’ll have the battery indicator on top of the deck, above the back wheels. That way I’ll get shorter connections in comparison to front mounting.

I’ve remixed it to your liking: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2472906

Looks good! But the holes for the phasewires were perfect and now you got rid of them haha Also my switch will probably be located on the battery enclosure since the bms is located there

Where are you located if i may ask?

I know, I’ve modified it again. Refresh the Thingiverse page :wink:

I’m from Slovenia, fellow European.

EDIT: I’ve added another model which is 100% to your liking :slight_smile:

Nice! But this is still WITH a powerbutton hole haha

What would it cost to print a battery + vesc enclosure and get it shipped to me?

EDIT: Yes this looks ideal (no powerbutton hole)

Well, I can try and print the VESC enclosure. You can then make finishing touches like sanding and painting the way you want.

I’m still trying to design and fit an enclosure for my batteries. What BAT enclosure are you after? Any links from thingiverse?

Hit me up on PM, we’ll try to work something out.

Here you go. This is what I’m after

1 Like

Looks great but I’m afraid that’s too big for my printer. I could split it in two parts and then you’ll have to merge/glue it together and finish it up. Vesc enclosure is doable though.

this 2 I have, are just like those 2 on you picture.

I’m working with @Crossfire to get some enclosures done. Vesc enclosure has been already printed

Hi guys,

To give you some update about this topic. Working with @Crossfire was a good experience, but his printer couldn’t handle the battery enclosure because it was too big. The vesc enclosure worked out really well!! Thank you again Crossfire PICS COMING SOON

Atm @bigben has almost finished the battery enclosure. Only trimming and shipping is needed, so I expect to have it in by the end of this week! Really looking forward to start building the damn thing (finally hehe)! Especially since today is the first day with good weather since almost a week ago in Holland! So I hope there will be more nice days this month so I can ride it when it’s finished (;

1 Like

It’s out of the mould! I’ve left the flange as large as possible. If you need a mat finish I can do that then send it?

3 Likes

Just sent you an email. Is it too late to make the flange a bit narrower? Don’t have the tools and environment to work on fibreglass A matte finish would be great! Better than a sprayed on matte paint

Shall we stick to our email conversation? Haha

Doh! Doh! Doh! Brain fade.