[EU] Fucked by police / need help by calculating max speed

doesn’t matter how fast your board is running. More than 6km/h in Germany is illeagal.

1 Like

Any updates from the police?

If it was that bad in UK, I would be practicing my ability to ‘flee’ lol

3 Likes

except in America the police will shoot you in the back and say you tried running him over with a motorized vehicle and he feared for his life…lol

Any updates regarding this? Did you heard something form the police @StefanMe? KR

1 Like

I dont know how to say this in englisch, but are very happz to “drop” the prosecution. But gave me a warning, that the next time it will maybe have more consequence.

I just have to pay a very small fine. I dont know how much it is at the moment.

2 Likes

ok glad to hear this were the speed setting to fast?

a friend told me yesterday, that it is finally through the bundestag. 20 kmh should be free immediately.

@City-Blade-101 What?! No… they decide on the 17.May . Nothing is fix until now. Even… it doesnt matter. No Insurance = lot of trouble.

The problem is not the speed or anything. The big deal is the missing insurance in germany.

1 Like

Oh okey, i got wrong info then. I didn’t look for myself yet but i will do some research tonight. And yes you are right about the insurance. That is the real crime behind riding electric skateboards. Hopefully there will be a solution we all can live with. peace

1 Like

I belive we can ride NEVER full legal with an ESKATE in Germany. Maybe if u buy an MELLOW or another huge brand, because the have the type approval (ABE).

If u really just get the insurance when u show them your ABE, we are all fucked.

1 Like

That could be the reason for the mellow s version which only goes up to 20 kmh. In my personal case, i never had any problems with the police and im riding almost every day. Last night the police passed me at 23 o clock while i was riding my 4WD 30 to 35 kmh i think and they just told me through an open window of their car that i have to ride on the sidewalk. Its weird but this happens to me almost every day for about 2 years now.God bless nothing more.

2 Likes

The problem for is they got me once. :frowning: hard for me to drive without looking around and looking for police… even more dangerous, because I can not focus on riding.

2 Likes

Yeah i read this thread and you came along with just one blue eye this time. I always watch out for the police while riding, but sometimes they come from behind or they are lurking around a corner you cannot see them. Its just a matter of time and mood of the police officers if they want to catch you or not. Like i mentioned: god bless the officers must like me because i can ride almost any speed so far without any trouble, but im very gentle skater at daylight and when kids, people and dogs around. Maybe this is a point for them, if they see that i am not only at high speed moving. I am always demonstrating emergency braking to the people around when i see they are afraid of me coming along.

Same for me. I was riding super slow on a bike lane… they dont care. But police in bavaria are always a little… u know what i mean.

Hope u can ride without problems the next years! Good to see that some police man just be normal and dont care about this

1 Like

Some policemen are like you and me and others are dickheads like we are sometimes. Hopefully we just meet up the ones with a sense on being a human without harming us for their shitty lives hahahaha. All best wishes for you, too, my friend. Take care and stay safe out there. Skate or die. peace

I also keep an eye out for the police on every trip. :roll_eyes:

Once I have been in Münster at night on a bicycle path as in far away a car has driven on the bicycle path. I only saw the lights and knew that could only be the police. I started to fake push and as the car came closer it was the police but they didn’t notice anything.

Another time I was on a path when suddenly 2 policemen stood 30 meters in front of me. I put on a full brake, turned my board around and drove directly in the other direction lol.

1 Like

Sneaky function? What did i miss?

The manual…