Evolve Carbon (Gen2, non GT) FOCBOX Upgrade

I have a kaly xl its a beast. If i tought i would be out more over the next 2 years i would order the 2.0

@ricardo I’m modifying a Gen2 Evolve Carbon skate board to make a dual motor setup. Could you send me some pics of your setup? Also is it possible to fit 6374 motors in the GT Truck with Unik motor plate mounts?

yeah, it’s possible… but frankly there’s no need for it.

all the pics I have of the build are in my thread, unfortunately didn’t take any more… :-/

1 Like

When you installed the original focbox did you have to modify the stock BMS in any way on the Gen 2?

No. The gen2 BMS is dumb, it just kills power if the voltage gets too low, but the FOCBOX prevents that.

1 Like

Cheers Alex … did you end up ever getting photos of what you did? So what your telling me is if I get any old ESC I can put it in the gen 2 with everything else stock with no issues? I emailed Evolve regarding this as my remote is stuffed and they basically said it’d need new EVERYTHING.

Well, not any old ESC, a FOCBOX. Then you will need a remote to control that, like a nano. Yes that will work.

What about something a little cheaper than the focbox like a flipsky 4.2?

1 Like

do you have pics or videos showing how do add the FOCBOX to a gen2 board? thanks

No sorry, but there is nothing specific. You just install it exactly the same way you would any generic FOCBOX build.