Evolve Gen 3 - 63mm motor mounts by UNiK

Off course man, you are next in my list. Right now I’m sorting out the motor/mount dilema. Seems that the Ollinboard 5065 170kv are out of stock. They only have the 200kv versión. So that changed my priority. I then focused muy attention at this chinese motors…

ZWN-6030 QB brushless motor (59 mm x 73mm) …5100 rpm … 36DVC … <50A … 1600W (I deducted they are 141 kv, right?)

…but a complicated 3 screw platform mount, US$ 210 expensive 2 motor buy, low wattage and uncertain kv specs prevented this buy.

For the same price I can get (2) APS 6373 Aliens, right? So this are the motors 'am focusing my attention right now. What do you think?

1 Like

I will measure everything. I measured the length before, they are 305mm tip-to-tip axle length

1 Like

So they are the same lenght (305 -306 mm). Now the plates holes distance, that the question here (??) …also the distance between plate needs to verify.

Are these slightly longer than the evolve mount as well? I can never get my belt tight enough on the AT setup. need moar length

Don’t know. Seems the new GTX brought some new dimensions for the Evolve super carve trucks. We need to discover whats going on between Gen 2 and Gen 3 trucks/mounts (??)

We will Sunday when I take the board out of service. Right now it’s one of the boards I need running

2 Likes

Why find an old GTX ? I just bought the spare parts: Evovle bamboo decks Trucks GT Drivers new evolve batterie enclosure.

A GT2B sparkle mod 6355 motor a 10s4p made by the talented LHB… oh WAIT :)))) (in fact i’ll do it myself) dual focbox, $ good to go :slight_smile:

3 Likes

so i can spend a fraction of the money on the complete kit.

how much / pair ? :slight_smile:

https://www.unikboards.com/fr/boutique/motor-mount-for-evolve/

Out of stock!!! Damn. Any date on restock @okp?

1 Like

why dont people just tap new holes?

@onepunchboard I have looked into this. I have a spare evolve mount and a motor. But the original mounting holes are just too far away. The new holes you would need to drill are really close to the edge of the original motor mount. There would be way too little metal left. One big bump and drop and I fear it would break. Same thing with a Torqueboard mount. But maybe I am missing something obvious.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Thanks guys for the support. I’ve modified like 0.15mm to get a total perfect fit (on the triangle holes) but it’s a game play has evolve have a love for high tolerance parts. I should be getting the parts in 10 days. Actually in a kitesurfing trip in Brazil. My day to day life is more on the water

Once I got back home in 5 days, I’ll be able to launch a mass production on these and rock n roll !

If for some reasons you have a special request, I can modify the design and make it fit to your needs :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yes it must have high tolerance, becouse on my trucks it fit perfectly :slight_smile:

1 Like

woooooaaaahhhh! should’ve invited me!

1 Like

Life is better in board shorts !

I’ll be getting a full set of parts including new prototypes by 14th dec. Then I’ll launch mass production and start to work on an Evolve ass kicker made in DIY!

5 Likes

Sign me up!

1 Like

I’ll buy one later

1 Like