Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

Sure, one shop on ebay sold me thick spokes (black) and another sold me thin spokes (non-black). The thin/standard abec spokes vendor is ebay luckystore930: They have white, pink, purple, and lime in stock but out of black :confounded: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blank-Pro-97mm-Multiple-Color-Longboard-Flywheels-ABEC-7-Bearing-Spacers-/151887095681

BTW, on spokes did you have any tips or pictures on how you shaved down the evolve abec wheel pulley spokes to fit the thick clone spokes? I want to try that when my spare wheel pulleys show up!

If you get an answer on the motor mount grub screws please post it, I almost had the same problem and need to purchase spares in case it happen again!

Remove the gullwing-clone double-kingpin trucks, they are a death trap!! They are not engineered for high speed. (unless you just plan to ride at 20km/h - they will suffice)

2 Likes

this might sound counterintuitive, but removing the cover can help prevent these problems. Belt covers are basically useless. Especially if you ride on paths with lots of small pebbles, which tends to happen more with AT wheels.

stuff goes in & can’t come out.

1 Like

@onloop" Remove the gullwing-clone double-kingpin trucks, they are a death trap!! They are not engineered for high speed. (unless you just plan to ride at 20km/h - they will suffice)"

I don’t have any trouble at 40kmh. Can ride on grass at 35 kmh on 7in.

Not that hard to install tight rubbers and tighten them. Then you can carve as fast as you want. Also get that feedback. I love these trucks.

1 Like

Have to agree with @darkydawson I tightened the bushings and have had no stability problems at all. I have since loosened them a little though so the board carves great (which coincidentally is also a technique to prevent speed wobbles). @onloop have you ridden the board yet?

I have ridden gullwing sidewinder trucks, they are fun. I just wouldn’t use them for high-speed setups.

ATTENTION EVOLVE GT THREAD READERS & CONTRIBUTORS

THIS THREAD IS A MESS!..

I spent the last hour reading through everything and the topics are way too varied for one thread.

here is my idea.

1. Create dedicated category just for Evolve GT (already done)
  2. Create separate new threads inside new “Evolve GT” category that only have thread-specific information. It will make it much easier to find info.
  3. Threads i will create are. a) Wheel Sizes & Setups b) Problems & Solutions c) Evolve GT Videos d) Evolve Mods e) Evolve GT VS DIY f) any topic the community wants to create.
  4. I will assign a new dedicated moderator to this sub-category, maybe @Mr_Mahal would be happy to accept this role?
  5. Forum moderators should begin working to filtering this big thread and removing good info and put it into the new smaller thread sections.

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?

1 Like

This would be useful…if no one else wants to do it sure

Good idea. Its massive

you are now mod

Yeah its gotten a bit redonkulous

Thanks @onloop, appreciated. Agree, I can’t see the gain with a partial cover that opens forward. It just allows an intake/channel for debris. Maybe it’s there to protect the motor gear (or small fingers), because a rear mount set-up exposes them more than a forward design?

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/evolve-gt-why-choose-evolve-gt-vs-diy-build/5489

1 Like

I just went for a 25km ish skate around the foreshore in newcastle where i live. Lovely day, about a million people everywhere. Handles like a dream. Brakes as smooth as.

My friend came along on a mountainbike.

Was on 97mm abecs. Even managed to ride on form grass more than once.

Would be awesome for a personal trainer lol.

I was carving most of the way from 20kmh to 35kmh. No probs. Still using stock everything.

Truck handle perfect. Factory bushings tight. Point and shoot. Surf is always up.

Best fun you can have with your clothes on!

2 Likes