Evolvenstein: Carbon Gen2 + Enertion Focboxes + Maytech Motors + UNiK Mounts + Trampa Wheels + Photon Remote

Very nice setup! Congrats! :slight_smile:

Thank you mate. I’ve been riding it quite a bit these last few days and still haven’t been able to get to top speed… max I’ve done is 49.1 kph. Must tighten the trucks a bit more, as I’m aware that speed wobbles are a thing on gullwing type trucks! Eeek!!

2 Likes

Nice build I love that deck.

1 Like

Thank you mate! Incidentally, I’ve passed the 50kph mark and continuing to do small ride adjustments… it’s a sweet, sweet ride!

1 Like

@ricardo

…and you were doinnng…what??

Drilling new holes, as the UNiK mounts don’t line up well with the Gen2 deck…

2 Likes

Aaahh Ok. New holes over the mounting plate, right? I thought you were drilling the axle!

1 Like

ahahahahaha! just realised that the photo angle is not the best :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah! Thats why I asked. Also i wanted to ask, what would be the largest battery you can acomodate on the Carbon internal enclosure if you were to print a heat sink riser to put down cabling, BMS and VESCs? I see there is still some space left that you could use for a larger battery thru all its lenght.

1 Like

Possibly 10s8p, but that’s being optimist…!

2 Likes

Hey Ricardo thanks for sharing the link to your thread. I’m just about to begin a dual motor upgrade using the same Gen2 Carbon deck. If you could please share the detailed parts list and purchase links, that’d awesome. Cheers dude.

here you go buddy:

enjoy!

1 Like

Cheers bud

If it was today, i would have used the metr module and have a more basic remote. I’d also use the unity (then I could possibly do away with the antispark switch?)

2 Likes

The unity smart switch fits the existing stock charge port perfectly. No external loopkeys needed.

I played around with 10s7p pack ideas, really want to cram those big EV bus lipos in it. image image

1 Like

Where do you stick tge charge port then?

Lol, I open the whole damn thing to balance charge a 12s pack made of 6 2s hardcase lipos.

It’s a temp solution. And it’s stupid, I know.

1 Like

image image image

1 Like

I experimented with aviation connectors to balance charge externally, but A) should not charge at high amps when enclosed, B) smart charger didn’t like it after awhile (loose leads ?) C) asking for a short with the setup as pictured.