Exile LDP mud flaps. Are they any good?

I was just browsing the forum looking for solution for mud guard when I came across this interesting thread.

The only commercially available solution that is not limited by wheel size seems to be these mud guards made by Exile.

I am unable to figure out if these are only meant for their G-Bomb bracket or it can be utilized on any long nosed deck.

Has anyone used these and can speak about their experience with these things ?

Your responses are appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mmmm I think that would be better if they went directly to the wheels, cus if you put in the trucks you risk it to have wheel bite

1 Like

Wheel shields go directly on the wheels but they aren’t meant for wheels larger than 80 mm. These do look cool though. I don’t think wheel bite should be an issue cause these sit pretty high.

They go on these:

3 Likes

6 Likes

I kinda like it

2 Likes

Lol. It’s the first post in the thread dude I saw the edit @b264

6 Likes

Yup that’s what is written in the description. Since this seems to be the only alternative to wheel shields ,the question is can these be used with long nosed decks?

icons-set-of-longboard-types-vector-3183153

I have a 10 degree front and 10 degree back wedged deck Subsonic Century 40

I am wondering if the mud flap can be used without the bracket on my deck. If not, then can the bracket they provide be used with a wedged deck?

1 Like

The problem is that they are made exclusively for LDP boards which has the mounting holes closer to the front end. So in this regard only true LDP boards like some of those manufactured by 1166 Longboards, Antidote, Rocket, Cobo, Alan Lani or Subsonic could use them because their shape. See…

Exile Mfg carbon mudflaps on one Antidote LDP longboard :point_down:

48242371_2187051918026830_3410584515586818048_o

2 Likes

they can probably be used for long nosed decks, yes. you hight have to do some tinkering to make em fit but i reckon it’s possible

1 Like

Thanks. I spoke to the manufacturer and they gave me the dimensions for these. image

It’s 7.5 cm going to 8cm on the sides. Now I just need to find out how wide the nose of my subsonic deck is and if it fits this should be perfect. If not, I might explore mounting this underneath the deck rather than over it.

1 Like

mounting underneath would be cool, but only if it fits the width of the nose

2 Likes