Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

Awesome, thanks. Now that I have the BLDC tool connected, I can see the values change.

And you also should install the latest version of the app. I can see that not all the values are correct which are already fixed. And do me a favor and publish a video of your ride. Would love to see the values of some other boards for comparison.

App updated.

These are original videos those screenshots came from. If you want a longer ride I can do that, but they are jumpy, as my ride safety takes priority in my brain over videoing. :head_bandage::-1:

Longest video - Beginner Plus Settings

Advanced Settings

and Fastest Settings

Awesome, thx for the videos. So you really should get the latest version of the app because the max and min battery values are fixed and the distance and range when miles are active is calculated the right way.

Oh and you asked the question why the max watts are exceeded. that is because you have VESCs. So it summarized the values. Means when you have 2 VESCs the values which make sense are doubled then like watts, motor amps, battery amps Wh and Ah.

I updated.

Oh, so If I set max watts to lets say 1000, The monitor would show up to 2000 because Double the VESCs, Double the power.

I haven’t even come close to hitting max power!!!

Seems that you don’t give full power. And your gearing is quite short. Because at 21 miles you reach max speed already. So you also see that you only need like 450 watts for 21 mi/h (34 km/h). Most people think they draw full amps.

I also added a new feature which shows the average speed. You can see it in the speed box.

Ø T = Average Total Average speed over the entire time, also when the board doesn’t move (starts counting once 1 km/h is reached) Ø R = Average Riding Average speed over the entire ride time. Only measures the speed when the board is moving. So if you make a short stop it doesn’t count it.

As always google play store needs a little time for it, if you can’t wait you can find it in my dropbox link.

Added the GPS speed as additional info to the speed box. This is to verify the speed. It only updates the values when GPS is activated in the apps setting.

3 Likes

Nice feature ! I was waiting for so long for update of the app through Play Store but I didn’t know that the app changed :smile: So I downloaded the new one and gone for a ride. I noticed a bug with mode switching. I set a beginner mode limiting amps and ERPM. When I switch to it, power is limited, top speed too. Perfect. But when I switch back to “default”, I recover the initial power but I’m still limited by the beginner ERPM limit. The only way to fully recover default settings is to reboot the VESC. Any idea why it acts like this ?

EDIT : for recording video I have to hold my phone upside/down… Not so easy for the mind to reverse while riding. :smile:

Thank you very much for that info. I checked it and found already the bug. But i only can fix it by a new firmware update which will take a while.

But you can avoid it by creating a mode which represents the default mode. And before switching to default you can select that mode. Problem is that i don’t initialise the values again. I only initialised the motor max ERPM but then switched to the PPM limitation. But i forgot to also initialise the ppm values again.

I was working again on my app and found some bugs which i fixed. For example the distance was not 100% correct. I recommend for everybody to get the latest version of the app. The current Version is 29. Also the range and battery % value will only be calculated when there is no power to calculate the correct value. This way you get a relatively precise reading. And it would be awesome if some of you can post videos which are made with the app to compare different boards.

As always google needs a while for the update, if you can’t wait you can find the file at my Dropbox link. I think the app needs to be updated manually because it is in beta status at the Google Play store.

Nice ! Do Play Store need to validate even if it’s in beta ?

I think it’s because they have multiple servers and millions of apps. So they need to synchronize it between all the other servers, check if there are no viruses or hurt policys and then they can publish it. Normally it takes between 3 till 12 hours.

I just updated mine. Could you add a “About” menu to check the version (and add credits to you with Paypal donation link or something :wink: ). I didn’t donate yet, I correct that mistake immediately ! :slight_smile:

Will try to record one as soon as the weather allows it.

Mine (short) :

Note for myself : put the flight mode during recording :smile:

Thank you very much for the video.

I can see that you don’t have the latest version with GPS speed and correct distance and range calculation.

I think google is 4 updates behind. Please try it tomorrow again or download it from my Dropbox link and install it manually. Made a couple of updates today for every little bug, feature or improvement i found or made.

Hey, just connected the bluetooth modul and it connects to the app, but the default settings stay at 0. When I hit the throttle the motor spins normally, but nothing happens in the app. I created other profiles like beginner and pro, but I can’t select them. It stays in default. The modul is connected rx on vesc to TX on modul an the other way around. Any ideas?

please post a screenshot of your applications General tab and the UART Tab.

I updated after the video, now I can see GPS speed.