Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

Mine (short) :

Note for myself : put the flight mode during recording :smile:

Thank you very much for the video.

I can see that you don’t have the latest version with GPS speed and correct distance and range calculation.

I think google is 4 updates behind. Please try it tomorrow again or download it from my Dropbox link and install it manually. Made a couple of updates today for every little bug, feature or improvement i found or made.

Hey, just connected the bluetooth modul and it connects to the app, but the default settings stay at 0. When I hit the throttle the motor spins normally, but nothing happens in the app. I created other profiles like beginner and pro, but I can’t select them. It stays in default. The modul is connected rx on vesc to TX on modul an the other way around. Any ideas?

please post a screenshot of your applications General tab and the UART Tab.

I updated after the video, now I can see GPS speed.

This picture here shows a good basic setup for a Li-Ion battery (not LiPo). Of yourse your cells can differ a bit but i think it is a good starting point. These values are used for batterys voltage when there is no load on the cells. Because of that you will see that the battery percent changes only when the board is in idle (no acceleration and no braking). For the VESC itself in BLDC-Tool you can set the cutoff start to 3.0 and cutoff end to 2.8 for each cell. So for a 8S you have to multiply these values by 8. If you want to treat your cells a bit nicer you can set the values to 3.2 for cutoff start and 3.0 for cutoff end. For LiPo batterys it is another story. There i would set the values to 3.6V for cutoff start and 3.4 for cutoff end. But as already mentioned, this is only a recommendation. Each battery behaves a bit different.

1 Like

And i found a picture where they explain the no load voltage in relation to the capacity for a LiPo battery. So it is not very different to a Li-Ion battery for no load. But the voltage cutoffs are different under load situations. So please read the post above.

1 Like

When I did the screenshot I realised that I hadn’t changed the ppm settings to ppm+uart. I corrected that and now it works like a charm. Will be doing some testing tomorrow and then some donations :slight_smile:

Hey, cool app! Do you ever see releasing it for iOS in the future?

I never programmed a IPhone app and I don’t even have a Mac or IPhone. Maybe I will start in the future but @evoheyax also has a app for IPhones.

Why not go by an actual discharge curve? You can find them at Lygte.info. I would use Samsung 25r as a base since that’s what most use

I went for a short ride - couldn’t hold my phone in hand (too cold) to make a video. However the csv files are still not listed in the app - the file explorer shows them though. Used the new version with GPS speed settings. Not sure why it is only me having this problem. I am on a Nexus 5 with custom rom Pure Nexus 6.0.1

Do I need a nunchuck reciever to use PID speed control no acceleration or does it work with a winning remote as well?

At the moment it only works with a ppm remote. So the Nunchuck will not work. If you want cruise control then this would be the wrong mode. But if you want a mode that doesn’t accelerate and only keeps the current speed then this is the way to go. It feels like a mix of normal skateboarding and e-skateboarding because you have to push to your speed and then it can keep it. Mainly i did that to try to create a legal mode for Germany. @Maxid I am working on a update which hopefully fixes the problem you have. But i can’t promisse. Will inform you in the next hours.

The android file transfer app was again also not able to “see” the files inside the folder. I cleared the database (Settings->Apps->Show System Processes->Media Storage->Clear Data) following this post

It helped - I can now transfer the files to my Mac. However your App does still not list any of the csv files. I hope you can solve this :thumbsup:

Plus I have another recommendation: Instead of date as a column in the csv could you add a elapsed time in seconds column? That way one could easily plot the charts with time on the x-axis instead of doing calculations to extract this information from the timestamp. Also one question: I set the number of VESCs in the settings to two. Are the values doubled now or does the csv still show just one VESC?

It doubles the amp and watt values automatically.

So is battery current also doubled? You should probably give some indication in the csv file which columns are actually doubled.

All the marked marked values are multiplied by the amount of VESCs (Motors). So if you have 4 Wheel drive then the values would be multiplied by 4. This way you are able to see the real currents and watt that count for the battery.

I just did a test on my bench with no load. When I use the cruise control button on the nunchuck the battery current and motor current become negative values even though I am not braking but still basically use full throttle. Seems odd, no?

1 Like

Can you please check the CSV files if the value is wrong there. Because i have no answer for that. Maybe something went wrong in your graph calculation. Will show you a video of my cruise control in a couple of minutes. there you can see that it is working.