FatJay Chinese Motors

Has anybody tried the FatJay Chinese motors? If so, what is your verdict?

Can’t find anything about them on here or endless-sphere, but I am interested in this:

Lmao well damn:

48%20PM

17 Likes

That reply seemed a lil extreme but I like their style

15 Likes

Haha seems they got someone sassy on their management team, it clearly said 280kv :joy::grinning:

2 Likes

True, I do like the KV customization bit, if they allow it for single motors (seems that way) and not bulk , i might order from them next month.

2 Likes

I like the look of those motors actually but with anything Chinese its a lottery as to if it will be reliable or not. Like the guard though. Usually with that level of design thought you’d hope they would also be as fussy about Q&A. Heres hoping. I love that reply because that to me indicates they are standing by their products and service. They’re proud of that shit lol

4 Likes

It will be interesting to see the inside and the rotor/stator lenght ! I hesitate between 5065 Racerstar and this one ^^ I take the most used.

1 Like

Haha, I’ve already discussed their feedback with them to try and establish if they’re legit … apparently the buyer didn’t read the description properly and didn’t actually select the motor they wanted from the “color” selection. The first image in the advert is the 190kv motor but the advert defaults to the 280kv option if you just add it to your basket. To be honest, I think I believe them. I’ve got a more “colourful” review of that particular buyer from the seller and it’s hilariously awesome!

Anyway, I think I’m going to take a punt. I’m tempted by the 6368 190kv.

1 Like

If you could take a look inside and share some photo here (to see magnet, length, winding, and some quotations ^^) plzzz

Exactly my thoughts. I’m in the same boat. The 5065 Racerstar are well used, well regarded and seem to return good bang for buck. However, these 63xx FatJays seem to be a bit of an unknown.

If I get them, I will strip them down and immediately change the bearings to something SKF/Timken/NSK anyway so would take all the measurements when I do it. I’m an industrial engineer during the day and have a complex about cheap/unbranded/counterfeit bearings!

3 Likes

If its any help I had one of the 280kv 6368 on a single drive running 8s a while back now and it was fine. No dramas. @J0ker3366 has 2 of them but i’m not sure whether hes running them on anything yet Dude you got those motors I sent running?

3 Likes

Id love the hear the more colorful review :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Haha, I’m not going to post it because it’s obviously a translation/choice of words error (I think) :laughing:

1 Like

Well he shamed him and told him to go to hell publicly so I can only imagine his true feelings lol

1 Like

Not yet. Have to figure out my enclosure for the Fubaru board first…

1 Like