Favorite Mounting Screws

So recently I’ve been wanting new mounting screws for my enclosures. I want something that stays flush to the deck like the mounting screws that come with torque boards enclosures. I never know where to find good mounting screws and was hoping some people could submit links to order them. Also I’d like to see if there’s other varieties of mounting screws people use. Post some pics and links and show us what you use!

My favorite mounting screws are the ones that keep my enclosure from falling. So if it works, I’m a fan. A machine screw through the deck to a nyloc nut should work. If flush mounting is what you’re looking for, then consider sex bolts or binding posts. Or use wood inserts in the deck with flanged head screws.

2 Likes

The best kind.

4 Likes

I have machine screws through my deck and a nut on the other side. I freaking hate it

Parts Express #8 x 3/4" Phillips Truss Head Screws 100 Pcs. (1) $8.90 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002ZPF12/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I thought most of the people here were using wood inserts ?

4 Likes

Those are the best. I were going to use them, but i couldn’t find the right size and i were anxious to get my build done, so i used bolts glued through. And after doing that i realized i just could have just glued nuts on place. Oh well…

I use 10-32 countersunk bolts with nuts on the bottom side, never had one fall out.

1 Like

That’s what I use but I also use a flat aluminum bar to spread the load.

2 Likes

What’s the mounting screw on the top side of the board?

Regular philips 10/32 truck screws. I counter sunk the deck so it’s flush. You can see the screws from the top cause they are silver. Best part is all I need a regular skate tool to remove my encloser out in the feild.

6 Likes

this is exactly what I use. But instead of the alum bar, I used a 3/8" strip of ABS.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01439MMZE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use these, drill through holes through deck and enclosure, the bolts sit flush on both sides and then I just put grip tape over the bolt heads on the top of the board.

1 Like