Feather | Agacê Cruiser | Kegels | 5055 DD | 11S1P

That’s true, I need to do few more tests with my current board, but I think the power of the 30Q may be to low and loose too much speed in hills

The pricing I got from IMR and with guy that that import them here

Have you considered the hg6 batteries? Their 20650’s with 30a discharge (actual). Good option for a smaller battery. I have them in 10s2p, really like the end result. Not saggy even at around 3.5v. Usually not too expensive. Something to consider…

1 Like

If lightweight is your goal, have you considered single drive? Single drive is probably lighter, even if the one motor you need is bigger.

1 Like

@Lionpuncher thanks for the suggestion, will take a look at them

@b264 really bad streets around here, some hills I couldn’t climb fast enough to keep up with traffic due to losing traction on the drive wheel

But the first iteration of this build will be with a single drive 6355, I will just put together some old parts I have, zero money to invest at the moment unfortunately

1 Like

Single wheel drive sounds bad but it’s not really that bad. For real. Overkill is the game around here, but often folks forget about the simple stuff that works fine and is lightweight.

4 Likes

Gotta agree. A mono 6374 will be lighter, consume less energy and still rip up hills given enough amperage. But as @Pedrodemio has said, he’s using what he has.

2 Likes

For most places I have to ride a single 6355 goes great without getting to hot from the experience with my first board, would love to have smooth roads

What software/tool are you using to do the calculations?

MotorSolve, 15 days trial, them just make another email :grin:

https://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/motorsolve/bldc/

1 Like

Do you have any progress or updates? its prety interesting that you make your own dd with also smaller motors

1 Like

Thanks Bor, nothing more for now, this will be a pretty long term project, still a lot of things I have do to in my main board and also some other projects I’ve got to finish before focusing on this

2 Likes