Finally! Mountain-board Mud-Guards! **Prices slashed!**

After several iterations of R&D and testing the product, I have a product I am happy with. This is a set of front mud guards specifically for Trampa Ultimate Trucks, and for 8” wheels (although I’m pretty certain they will work fine for 6-9” wheels as well). I’m asking $30 for each set, plus shipping to wherever you are, I am in the DC area (northern Virginia).

I’ve only made the front guards for two reasons: 1) they’re the primary reason for you being either wet/muddy after/while riding, and 2) there’s several different motor mount designs for the rear trucks that it’d be pretty difficult to come up with a universal design.

They are 3D printed (PLA 65% infill) and then sprayed with plastidip as well to help with durability. The truck mounts are CNC’d, black anodized aluminum, and both pieces are made in house. The cost is set due to inherent costs of the 3D printer/filament itself, CNC and aluminum stock, anodizing materials, and the design process. Although I will share the necessary files in the future, once I finalize the design and hopefully can make these cheaper/easier (shooting for $25-$30 sets which will be resin casted).

Currently I’m planning on modifying for a thinner mud guard to make injection molding/resin casting affordable, adding a bicycle handlebar type jig somewhere on the guard for easy light mounting solution, OR add a feature to the guards themselves for a sleek lighting solution, as well as appropriate wire routing channels depending on which route I go with.

All hardware required is included minus Allen keys for securing the bolts/grub screws.

I’m hoping to get positive feedback, in which case I’ll produce more. I can easily design a mount for other sets of trucks if you give me a profile to cut.

Also, I should mention I ride my mountainboard very aggressively, and have broken one set (printed at only 40% infill) but I was on a mountain bike trail. Both breaks were from direct impact with large rocks… so I advise not to use them if riding on similar terrain aggressively.

Prices reduced to $30 per set… as I ordered mold materials and this will reduce the time/effort significantly

Cheers,

3 Likes

Look pretty nice, what filament are you using?

Thanks much! I imagine molding would produce smoother and more consistent results, but that’s pricy as well.

Hatchbox PLA 1.75mm

Bump for seriously reduced price as I am molding instead of 3D printing each guard.

1 Like

Do you have the same thing for the vertigo trucks ?

1 Like

Hey I would love to buy a set. I pm’d you a few days ago about how to purchase a set. I am still interested in buying a set, please let ke know how I buy some. Thank you

@longboardshort we need updates on this!!

1 Like

Can you text me? I’m never on this forum anymore… 703 674 7664

This is cool… I wish u lived in EU and had designed similar one for 9inch wheels and round axle trucks as well…