First Board | Single Turnigy 192kv | Ebay Mount | 2 5s 30c 4000mAh | Experimental Control Module

Okay! So first I am a college student and I already own a longboard. I got it from zumiez a while back when I visited Texas. It is 35.5 inches but it sits low to the ground since its a drop through style board. The whole point of this is to have an affordable way to get around. http://www.zumiez.com/mercer-lion-vs-cobras-double-drop-through-35-5-quot-longboard-complete.html?utm_source=google_product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=775328&utm_campaign=product_ads&gclid=Cj0KEQjw8tbHBRC6rLS024qYjtEBEiQA7wIDedjBWZm0rbb6pKdfZblqc46TzgooMwCCdj7OKJ8pUNgaAqZ98P8HAQ&kwid=productads-adid^82339995166-device^c-plaid^284182351384-sku^775328-adType^PLA

The motor I am going to use is the Turnigy SK3-6374-192. I chose it for the torque and it should be able to go decently fast since I am only 130 pounds. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-aerodrive-sk3-6374-192kv-brushless-outrunner-motor.html

To power the motor I am going with two 4000 mAh 5s 30c Turnigy batteries. I was gonna go with a lower C rating but after some research it seems like 30 should be the minimum to go with for a decent outcome.

I found this weird experimental looking ESC alternative that the Chinese made on Ebay. It comes with a remote control and the basic cables to power it and to go to the motor. If it does not work I will probably go for the more expensive route and get a vesc. The only reason I am not going with it for my first choice is because I have no experience with programing them and i really do not feel like being bothered. http://www.ebay.com/itm/322451239466?var=511425668006

I am going to change out my wheels for the orange kegel 80mm wheels so I do not have to drill holes into my wheels and because the one’s I have now are only 70mm.

I also found this cheap kit for mounting on Ebay. It comes with the pulleys too. Gear of wheel is 48 tooth and gear of motor is 16 tooth. If it does not end up working I will replace it with a kit from Enertion or another eskate website. http://www.ebay.com/itm/222353819287

To connect everything I am going to get some XT60 connectors and connect the batteries in series to get 10s. For charging I am going to be using the basic iMax B6AC for charging with a balance board 2-6s Charging board.

I have not got any of the parts yet because I want to get feedback on the build before dumping money into it. I would appreciate any comments or regards you have. Like I said this is my first build so it is far from perfect.

The motor mount kit you chose won’t work, it will only fit 50mm motors. Everything else looks doable with some work.

You will need to by different trucks or machine your own motor mounts. @psychotiller has some motor mounts that might work, but I couldn’t say for sure. Look at some caliber 2 10/50 trucks, they are cheap.

You will need an enclosure to put everything in. @psychotiller also makes those. Or you can look at the eneetion space Cell enclosure, I think it’s in sale right now.

Those batteries will but you won’t get but 6 miles or so out of them. I’ve been using 8000mah 3s in series for 6s and get about 12 miles.

I believe you will run into trouble using a double drop deck. Motor to deck clearance and enclosure to ground clearance will be an issue.

you can always “un drop” the trucks and add a spacer. I have done it with a couple of boards. it works fine. some people don’t like the look though. I don’t mind it.

I’ve used several double drop decks for builds. The deeper the drop/the bigger the wheels/the thinner the batteries. Proper planning goes a long way.

Thanks for letting me know. I will look into it. [quote=“mmaner, post:2, topic:21328”] You will need an enclosure to put everything in. @psychotiller also makes those. Or you can look at the eneetion space Cell enclosure, I think it’s in sale right now. [/quote] I was going to try and put something together myself once i saw how everything fit.[quote=“mmaner, post:2, topic:21328”] Those batteries will but you won’t get but 6 miles or so out of them. I’ve been using 8000mah 3s in series for 6s and get about 12 miles. [/quote] I read some where that I should use 12s since I am using 192kv motor. I don’t really know much about the battery lingo. I could try and up it to 5000mAh to get a little more distance.

First Im going to try and mount the motor to the back instead of under and if that doesn’t work I was just going to undrop the deck like lowGuido said.

I don’t use 12s, to many issue with ERPM, 10s is the safe maximum. If you can get x2 5s 8000mah lipos, of that’s not available or too expensive get x2 5s 5000mah lipos.

Thanks for everything. Im going to go with two 5s 5000 mAh and see if thats enough. If not i can always upgrade.