First build Evolve Gen 2 | unity | TB DD

So i have set the unity: battery 80a brake 35a and motor 80a… Have very little voltage sag and the battery don’t even get hot… I don’t really need more power but does the battery setting “block” the motor setting? So it only can pull 40a per motor? Or how does it work?

80a battery is pretty insane. most have it to ~40a?

battery amp does not “block” motor amps. It usually is more evident in slow speeds (start from a dead stop/slowly doing up a steep hill): Since the motors are going slow, they draw (for example) 20v from the VESC. But need 80a because you are going up a steep hill. 20v * 80a = 1600w

The VESC takes that power form the battery 1600w / 42v (from battery) = 38a draw from battery.

That’s a simple one motor example, but you get the idea

Thanks for the answer, so i should lower the battery amp and not the motor amp?

My battery should be able to handle 5x20a so isn’t 80a on the safe side?

And if I put it at battery 40a and my motors want more amp wouldn’t the battery setting block that from happening?

1 Like

Hi, can anyone tell me if i can fit a Bamboo GTX battery in to a Gen 2 Carbon enclosure? I cant find any threads on this ?

Not really sure but I think the gtx battery is a bit thicker than the carbon gen 2 but ita a easy fix with a rubber gasket or a 3d printer.

It can fit but you need a gasket between the lid and deck

Okay, so after using this board a lot today somthing went wrong, my range went from super long to 20 km after a full charge i took the train home and opend the battery and i see that maybe 10 of my welds on the negative side was off so i started pulling a little harder and almost all of them are off now… The positive side wont come of without ripping the nickel so that side is good what have i done wrong?