First build | Landyachz Drophammer | Torque 6374 190Kv | 12s2p | Abec flywheels 97mm

What are you vesc settings I’m having problems with mine

sorry the huge time not showing around. The problem with the gear, was indeed excentric rotation. after that I printed multiple gears and they never had any problem

@Mattmccrary8, what problems are happening on yours? I keep changing my settings, since I keep messing with gear rations, belts and motors. will do it again today

Damn, burned my third vesc in 6 months

2 riding FOC and 1 riding on BLDC

I am having some issues with FOC When I am going really slow, the breaks tend to lock. I tried messing with all the configuration but even with a Motor min and Bat min, I can still feel the motor locking.

Tried with the same config on BLDC and the issue is gone

I was getting into the silence of FOC…

My config right now is: Motor Max 70 Motor Min -60 Batt Max 60 Batt min - 20

Any idea what it could be?

What fw is your VESC running?

I’ve had awful luck with TB VESCs. If you’re insistent on riding FOC, ditch the TB VESC and grab a FOCBOX.

Let me know if you’re ever up in Seattle. We should get a group ride going when the weather turns better.

1 Like

I’ve been running FOC sensored on 6s with 3.31fw and haven’t had any issues. Super smooth and no “boost effect” with the 3.31 fw either. I really like my TB vesc

I cannot attest to the new 3.x FW, I’ve heard its made FOC a bit more reliable.

I’m having the same issue I was thinking about decreasing the motor min from - 65A to - 55A to test it. I. Might go back to BLDC as well as FOC is nice but it’s like riding a Toyota Prius, sometimes you want to ride a V8 with full exhaust

1 Like

The firmware is 4.12. It is the torque boards vesc updated to that firmware that comes with the Watt mode

I dont remember having this issue before… Well, BLDC is working great and smooth right now but I miss the silence

Oh nice! I am actually in Bellevue but I could get to Seattle no problem. I was thinking about the FocBox but I actually dont know if they are better and if they will fit my enclosure, they look bigger and my enclosure is already packed (could be a good excuse to make a new board =] )

I tried reducing to -10A, same thing… I am starting to guess is the Firmware for the Watt mode, I used FOC before and it was fine ( till I blew off the vesc messing with a new controler :slight_smile: )

It’s not the firmware, as I’m using Vedder original current mode, not Watt mode from ackmaniac as you, and I still get the wheel locking

I’ll send you a pm with my contact. Lets go ride sometime. My gf lives right across the street from MS, so I’m over there quite often!

Focboxes are actually about half the size of 4.x VESC. They’re TINY.

oh really? I guess I got it wrong from the pictures. They look much more sturdy. I think I will try them

I forgot to post updates here.

I was having some issues with the breaks making the belt skip some teeth on the motor pulley, so I decided to add a little more tension. It increased a lot the breaking power, but those 3dprinted wheels ended up breaking after two weeks of usage.

1 Like

Maybe you can try to use just the bearings (two next to each other) than you have to do a some adjustment but i think they dont wear out.

that is probably a better solution, I will try again

Two weeks ago I had an accident where my motor stopped for no reason. I was pushing it really hard, and at some point it just cut, and I went flying forward. I hit my knee on the ground and after days of pain I ended up going to a doctor.

At that day I had adjusted the Motor max to 80A so I thought that I stressed too much the motor and it got too hot. I ended up changing the motor and replaced for two 6374 and reduced back to 70A

Today on the same hill, I forced again, and the same thing happened, I was more aware this time and did not fall, but I am starting to lose confidence in the motors.

Any idea what it could be? Could it be the TB Vescs? Maybe the motors getting too much rpm?

Isn’t your VESC that’s just stopping because it’s over-heating ? Or your trying to pull out too much amps ?

the 12s2p TB pack has a max of 20A. IMO you’re pulling too many amps and probably hitting overcurrent and/or overheating as lou said.

wait, so should I be only using 20A on the Motor Max? it seems too low compared to the other vescs configurations I saw here on this forum.

1 Like