First build | Landyachz Drophammer | Torque 6374 190Kv | 12s2p | Abec flywheels 97mm

Not an expert. But i believe your battery max is more what determines what your battery will draw. Not sure if you need your motor max to be so high. Have you experimented with the 60amp range? Probs still plenty of power.

The other configurations probably had more juice available in the battery, I’m not sure what cells he uses in his 12s2p packs but i would say 20a max

Unless your battery pack was order within the last month, you have the panny pf cells, which are 10A constant.

Set battery max at 20A. Thats the capacity of your battery. You can keep motor max at 70A.

Your battery min is also too high. 4A per 1P, so with you 2P pack, you should set battery min at -8A.

1 Like

I use this configuration for months before and never had a problem…

Today, same hill, same issue with the cut on trottle. On the way back, it stopped working on a flat, at a walking speed and never came back

Two more Vescs to the graveyard. I am moving to focboxes and will try those specs

1 Like

I was checking my battery connectors and there is some black powder on the xt90 connector. The battery is still working, but maybe that was the reason the two Vescs fried at the same time

Any idea what caused this? could it be some short circuit?

Also, I decided to upgrade my enclosure. Having only one is really annoying when you need to do some maintenance.

1 Like

Do you use an antispark loop key or switch when hooking up the batteries or do you get a spark when connecting them? Never seen that particular funk in the plugs but would get some charring and a slightly frightening spark whenever connecting my batteries (never caused issues with the VESCs themselves though). Appears you may have found the basic ingredients to life there or something. Bummer to hear on all the dead VESCs probably worth sending those over to the DRVWizard if they are just blown DRV chips he can probably revive and you can resell or maybe he’ll take them off your hands to resell himself (I dunno).