Hi guys! I’m planning my first build and I’m hoping you guys can help me out. I’m trying not to exceed $400 but thats not going too well. I’ve been looking at:
- Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6364-213kv --> $70
- This seems like a very good option to me, there is the 6354-260kv which $10 cheaper so which is better?
- I was also thinking of hub motors but I don’t know where to find them, suggestions?
- TorqueBoards Single Motor Mechanical Kit --> $200
- The kit looks pretty good to me but it is quite expensive. Any cheaper suggestions for just mount and pulley kits because i think i could get the trucks and wheels cheaper locally?
- This is where i think i could save quite a lot more but I’m not sure where to get reliable motor mounts.
- Would a 3d printed motor mount last long?
- Torque VESC BLDC --> $100
- VESC seems like the way to go but would a cheaper car ESC like an X-Car Beast 120A($58) work?
- Either 2xTurnigy 5000mAh 4S or 8S3P of Samsung INR18650-25R 2500mAh(or similar) --> $50
- From what I’ve read the 18650s seem to be better but how would i go about wiring them and which would be easier?
- And where’s the best place to buy Li-ions?
- 2.4Ghz RC Transmitter and Receiver from banggood --> $20
I’ll probably make my own deck. I also have to keep in mind I’m from Malaysia so shipping costs are real and some places don’t even ship here. As you can see I’m still pretty unsure about most things so I’d really appreciate any help.