First DIY, choosing the right electronics

did you bind the remote to the receiver?

Yes I did.

and did you set the throttle limits on the ESC?

No, what’s that?

look up the esc manual - you have to “train” it first so that it knows what the signals coming from the remote actually mean.

I read something about but my worry is that the ESC recognizes the motor as sensored, but the sk3 280kv is sensorless :’(

why do you have that worry? What indication is there that the ESC should do something like this when there are no sensor cables attached to it?

You HAVE to set the throttle limits - otherwise the ESC will not work.

Because the LED of the ESC is red and blue, in that manual that means sensored motor… Thanks for help :slight_smile:

This also means it is not configured properly. Just do the throttle calibration!

Throttle Range Calibration

1. Turn on the transmitter, then connect ESC with the battery packs and set the direction of the throttle channel to REV; set the EPA/ATV value of the throttle channel to 100%.
  2. Press and hold the “Set” button and switch on the ESC, release the button when the Blue LED turn solid. Pull the throttle trigger to full position, Red LED light will flashes and motor beeps once. when system confirms the position.
  3. Push the throttle trigger to full Brake position, Blue LED light will flashes and motor beeps twice when system confirms the position.
  4. Now trigger goes back to neutral position, both of the Red LED and Blue LED blink and motor beeps three times when system confirms the position.
  5. Turn off the ESC power switch to save the settings.
  6. Turn the ESC back on. You are ready to use the ESC now.
2 Likes

I doesn’t understand this point. What’s EPA/ATV value ?

don’t worry - that is one of the knobs on the remote. Just leave it like it is and try it like that.

1 Like

It worked like a charm!!! Thank you very very much! :smiley:

Is it normal that every time I switch on the ESC it emits a beap for 3-4 times?

yep normal. It recognize the cell number I think

1 Like

Yeah and you can’t turn it off. One of the many reasons to go for a VESC

Maybe it will be next upgrade :yum:

good job Edoardo

1 Like