First E-Board build on a low budget!

so after you have finished charging just disconnect all the cables from the charger and connect the XT60 on your Y cable to the ESC and power up!

Great! I seriously appreciate all of the help you’ve given me on this build, thank you man

So these are the correct settings for 2 5000 mah batteries in series?

yeah looks good.

although keep in mind that because you are series charging the maximum Amps will actually only be about half what you set. so when it is charging you can only expect to see 2.2A on the display.

Whats the estimated total price going to be? That ~$300 price was really low, but doable with preexisting trucks and board

I originally was planning on welding a mount onto my preexisting board and trucks, however I discovered my friend could not weld aluminum lol. I ended up spending a little more, on Caliber trucks and Enertion’s motor mount (Roughly $100 extra)

In total I have spent just over $420 on this build, so it would have been entirely possible for a ~$300 build had I not decided on easier components.

I put it on balance charge, how long do I go for and when do I know to stop?

it will stop its self when full.

1 Like

If you press the DEC or INC button while charging/balancing, you’ll see the individual cell voltages which will give you an idea of how balanced they are.

the INC button shows the cell voltage when charging.

Anyone have a GT2B and receiver they’re willing to get rid of?

Hi, Any tips about how to wire this up? Still learning about batteries and feeling a little daunted with wiring things in series and then finding a way to easily recharge through a case

How much for the motor mount? :slight_smile:

looks to me like you have got it all covered. if you want to charge though the case just run the leads to the outside of the case like this: (obviously if you have XT60 then you will not have Dean’s but you get the idea)

I’ve decided to keep it for now.

@outsider Sorry for the late reply, but i run the batteries in series directly into the ESC, and to recharge I have to unscrew my case and remove the batteries. It’s tedious, but until I have more time and I can find out how to wire it directly out of the case, I have to deal with it. Hey, @lowguido , could you post a pic of your wiring and how you connect your batteries to the ESC and outside the case?

Its here. http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/beautiful-diagrams-no-words-just-pics/3179/4

@NNGG How fast can that motor go/ is there a wattage to speed conversion?

Use the esk8 calculator

1 Like

Thanks @NNGG