In this topic, I will share everything about my yet to be built first electric skateboard.
I got hooked onto electric skateboards when my friend bought a Meepo V1 board. He let me ride it and since then I knew I wanted one myself too.
What do I plan to achieve with this board?
- Portable, I don’t want it to be too heavy
- Affordable, around 350 euros
- Top speed is not important to me at all so 30 km/h will do
- I don’t need much torque, I’m 70kg myself and in my country, we don’t have hills at all.
- A range of at least 12km, preferably more
I did quite some research over the past weeks about electric skateboards. I now have a first draft of what my build will look like.
Motor: KEDA 56-63 195KV Brushless Outrunner 6S 1500W
Motor mount: HK motor mount
Vesc: Either a Flipksy vesc
Or a ESC from DIYEBoard http://www.diyeboard.com/v11-single-belt-motor-sine-wave-foc-esc-speed-controller-p-523.html
Batteries: Got a deal for 3 11,1 V 1300 mAh Lipo batteries that I can put in series to get 9s. Discharge rate of 20c and 40c burst.
I’m not sure if these have enough capacity, what do you guys think?
Trucks: Caliber clones
I would love to hear feedback!