First time build- 270kv 12s lipo, dual setup

hello guys was thinking of doing a 12s set up on my first diy board. but I want to know of a way to charge the batteries quicker I was wondering if anyone has tried setting up the batteries to a charge board which is hooked straight onto the board to make it easier to charge the board.

currently at the moment tested it with a 6s set up for the one motor as I am waiting on my new batteries and belts to arrive :slight_smile:

I have out in some paper cut outs of where everything would go

2 Likes

I wouldn’t go 12s with those motors. Even 10s will push you over the 60000 erpm threshold. 8s will give you 5500 erpm. http://calc.esk8.it/#{“batt-type-lipo”:1,“batt-cells”:8,“motor-kv”:270,“system-efficiency”:80,“motor-pulley-teeth”:16,“wheel-pulley-teeth”:36,“wheel-size”:83}|

1 Like

Yup, it’s not the ideal motors for 12s but you can always limit your Erpm to 60k.

1 Like

okay I will try it out

Are you looking to charge with a hobby charger or bms?

whats the best motors for a 12s set up I also have these motors but they are also 270kv

1 Like

190 seems to be ideal. They will be just under the erpm threshold but also give you torque. What is the goal of the build, speed or torque?

Just a balance charger board as i either have to take them out and charge them separately

not sure at the moment but I would be good with about 20mph and not sure on range I’ll take what I’m given with the set up I have :joy:

As I would be using it around my campus

I’d go with 170kv and lower

1 Like

20mph is pretty easy to get with a Diy Esk8. 12s, 170kv 16/36 pulleys and 90mm wheels will top that speed.

1 Like