Fish Hook (in reverse) - Thumb option for the mini remote - Files added 01.18.19

‎ ‎

Yees!!! :slight_smile:

Initially it had a loop for the finger:

But it wasn’t printing it as I wanted, so I opened it, but the curve remained. There is always an option to put something there as future versions. One idea was to utilize the second channel as an on/off for skate lights (for example)

Dani

4 Likes

Figured but thanks, hopes this goes well enough that others will be able to print it for purchase…I have 2 minis and ide like a smaller more erganomical grip and a thumb controller is nice too

First one was printed1546352701536387211258

7 Likes

20190102_162224 This is the first unit that goes to one of the testers.

5 Likes

Happy happy joy joy

If you need help printing cases let me know.

3 Likes

Looks good!! I’m excited to try it out!

I got a 3-d printer too. I need to get it set back up.

Ok guys, an update. Everything is printed, and the regs are ready: 20190103_145937 20190103_152839

I have enough parts for 4 pieces, so: @Itsmedant @Hummie @J0ker3366 @mmaner DM me your addresses, it will be out tomorrow. If you want to pay for shipping, it will be greatly appreciated.

The “manual” will be ready in couple of days.

Rules of the game: Please share all your findings/experiences/good/bad/need improvement/suggestions/upgrades here in the thread. If this case catches up, this thread will be a great source for information.

Thanks, Dani

5 Likes

Going out today 20190104_111645

7 Likes

Can only hope that orange one is coming to me lol

3 Likes
2 Likes

There are two blue and two orange No idea which went where… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, one of the options

So, this is something I became aware of like 15 minutes ago, while writing the manual.

There are two versions of the mini (maybe more) with slightly different bolt sizes (see picture) The boards inside are the same size and the same locations for the key components.

Smaller bolt size (right on the picture), with bigger resonator crystal on the bottom. Bigger bolts (left on the the picture), with smaller resonator crystal on the top.

The case was designed for the smaller bolts. (AFAIK this is the newer version of the mini)

Both boards will fit inside with no problem. Bolt size affect only the outer case assembly (4 bolts), bigger head won’t fit the recesses.

This is something that can be fixed later, but for now be aware of this. Dani

20190104_151019

4 Likes

Here is the “manual”.

It is basic and will be expanded in the future, but for now it is out there so everyone could assemble their remotes.

Please feel free to ask any questions

Dani

3 Likes

@danile Youre the one that built the 3 rail deck! Can I get a link to that build if there is one please

I’m late to the party, great work!

So… you’ve printed at 4 remote shells for me in past, I’ve got your Gt2b in baggy ready to send, then I discovered epoxy resin casting.

I took your remote Gt2b apart and reshaped it my liking to make a cast for later. I didn’t use my mod because frankly the first go around was messy and tough to unpack.

Can I be a tester the second build round if you make them? Just need prints and maybe bearing. I’ll prob pick up several mini’s from @psychotiller when I can get free.

1 Like

That’s me :slight_smile:

Here you go: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/dosimplecarbon-v2-board/60369 The files are available here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2991709

Dani

1 Like