Flipsky Dual FSESC 6.6 Discussion & Findings

i assume it does as the calculation of Power (Watt) = V (voltage) x I (current) and E (Watt hour) = P (Watt) × t(hour)

Most likely affects the cals. Now the real question is, does it matter? This is a screenshot of my old ESC:

This is the new FSESC:

Same exact run, same exact settings. The reason why on the first set of screenshots it says 138 minutes and on the second set 109 it is just because one run was on a Sunday = Loads of people on the path (People stopping me to ask about the board, etc etc), and the other one was last Saturday after 5pm which has way less people on the path. As you can see the stats are pretty much the same (Temperatures on the FSESC are better, but that difference is related to the weather itself, it was a colder day). So unless you are doing something that needs to be super precise i would say it does not matter.

Best Regards Nesquick

2 Likes

can I use it in dual mode, but only with one motor on the slave side?

Did someone build a 4WD board from 2x Dual FS6.6? I cant find a CAN-Port for the Dual-Dual daisychain?!

That is a good one. It doesn’t have a can port. Another cost saver.

I guess they didn’t think about you hardcore 4wd riders.

Well, is there really no port, or did they just not put a JST plug to it? In the description the mention CAN as communication…

What is closer than 2x duals for a 4wd build?! I mean you use a dual for space efficiency and saving connections. So 2x duals are perfect…

Funny thing is: the 4.20 has a dedicated CAN-Port and the internal Can switch. So you can easily do a 4WD with 2x 4.20 FS…still 4.20 sucks on FOC @12s

I was assuming it didn’t have one but since you mentioned the 4.20 dual does I had to check mine and damn it does. Strange the 6.6 dual doesn’t have it then or it least not the plug for it.

You can’t find one because there isn’t one :smiley: Your post got me thinking, so I went down the rabbit hole to try to find a solution :smiley: SPOILER ALERT: After thinking about it, some research and some words with Flipsky themselves to confirm my theories I think its possible if you don’t mind to “void warranty” and solder some wires into your Dual 6.6.

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THIS MAY CAUSE TO YOUR ESCs, this is purely based on my knowledge of Electronics and the words I exchanged with Flipsky. With that out of the way, let’s talk about it :smiley:

So I was thinking about what you asked and the reality is, the Dual 6.6 is 2X ESCs glued together with an interface connecting both (CAN BUS), it got me thinking, where is that interface then? The answer is really simple, it is right in the middle of the board, the switch that we change position to make the board switch between SINGLE/DUAL it is just a “cut” for the CAN BUS.

I checked which pins on the switch were “transmitting” information and found out those are the 2 bottom pins. SOOOOOOO, in theory if you solder those 2 bottom pins from the Dual 6.6 to another one it should effectively pass the information along.

I then threw the idea to Flipsky themselves hoping for a confirmation of some sort that that would possibly work and voila, they confirmed that those 2 bottom pins are indeed the DATA for the CAN bus.

Now, this is just me playing around with my own Dual 6.6 and this hasn’t been tested obviously, I don’t have 2 to test but if you want to send me one so I can try it drop me a DM :smiley: :smiley: (JK JK) or give me some time so I can maybe hook up an micro controller and test it that way. :smiley:

Once again, this hasn’t been fully tested by me, at least YET, and I am not responsible for any damage you may cause to your ESCs.

Hope this information helps. Best Regards

2 Likes

great find /was looking for this myself.so which pin is can H and which is Can L.any chance of a photo showing which are the two pins? Thanks

why not only using 2 receiver for one remote?

20181112_130937

Hope it helps. Best Regards,

I would be interested what was the highest motor and bat current drawn with the dual FSESC and with which motor and bat max settings this was.

Please álso let me know if the value you said was for one of the escs or for both together.

Heres mine… for a single motor…was running dual Setting was 80 motor 60 battery

1 Like

Would be interesting if somebody run them with bat max set to 80-100a. Advertised are they for 100a each :thinking:

I thought about doing that by putting stupid aggressive gearing on my board but I managed to fry one of my anti spark switch before I had the chance to try. I was running 2 100 amp switches in palleral to make sure there were no bottle neck

1 Like

I have only xt90s. No antispark. So that shouldn’t be a problem. But I also don’t have a dual to test it out.

Battery 40, motors 80A

1 Like

It’s interesting to note that the temperature is as “noisy” as the voltage… I wonder if that is a quirk of whatever hardware cock up they made.

2 Likes

Yes I constantly get T Motor readings that are too high and will shut off the ESC, needing a whole reboot.

6%20DUAL%20CAN

Talking with them they sent me this gem. No guessing CAN H, CAN L

1 Like