Flipsky Dual FSESC 6.6 Discussion & Findings

what you mean? you had the same settings with both motors and they both have 90mm circumference? the one with the lower kv should have more torque. Did you check the kv on the live data?

I’m saying I rode a stock raptor 2 and from memory compared it to my board with the settings I mentioned.

I thought this Vesc doesn’t have a port…

I don’t. I appreciate your development and you’re certainly qualified to bring constructive critism @Kug3lis but your condescending tone grinds on me personally. Might just be me, no hard feelings :wink: (see what I did there?)

4 Likes

@Kug3lis contributed much more to this forum then Flipsky has. He is just on point, Flipsky is copying a open source piece of technology to get on a market on which they hope to make profit. @Kug3lis is a skater himself and tries to innovate and improve on existing technology because he is passionate about it! There are actually two of the most expierienced builders here on the forum who expierenced cut outs on one of Flipskys products. Its not the dual 6.6 about which is this thread here. Look at this guys thread, he went all in Flipsky. https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/mini-beast-old-jed-jr-clone-caliber-ii-flipsky-10s3p-dual190kv/65827/26

I had this outcome too, not with Flipsky but with two different vendors from China, with this money spend on the false industry i would be able to build one of the highest performance boards you could imagine. Don´t take it personal, but i felt some kind of negativity towards a valuable contributor of this forum.

1 Like

Thanks guys, I just wanted to mention that every work day I do code reviews for tenths of developers and I learnt that the best thing is not to sugar coat things and state how everything is because otherwise you will not learn anything. Sorry if my comments look too straight forward but its only for company’s and people who are here just to make money (this case Flipsky), I am trying to be as much helpful to everyone who writes me everyday hundreds of messages and sometimes if have time go through topics and help some people.

@mtuan293 probably you havent seen toxicity :slight_smile: and I think you don’t want on your first ride with eks8 going 30kmh seeing in front of you car pulling over or etc happening and most important element of your esk8 ESC (in this case Flipsky) just saying fck you I will not brake now and going full speed into the obstacle :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah kuggy has certainly shown patience when answering a bunch of questions and does reply fairly quickly on top of having lots of skin in the game given the investments He and his Father continue to put in development and innovation for what we are all here for building and skating. He didn’t get “Innovator of the year” title for nothing(congrats by the way :grin:) thanks for keeping it real @Kug3lis!

2 Likes

Wait what?

3 Likes

I thought you knew? LOL 08%20PM maybe its not visible on your end?

WTF first time seeing last time it was just regular…

8 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing: well you earned it!

Only noticed it today as well. The title fits

2 Likes

I’m running a 12S4P on my raptor hubs with current settings. you should be fine with upping to those limits. The batterypack seems to be quite fine, but the hub motors are glowing hot :stuck_out_tongue:

Motor max: 70 Motor min: -60 Batt max: 40 Bat min: -12

This vesc is a regular vesc. They didn’t take away any features, they just added the hybrid port for some receivers. The com port is right next to where you soldered your wires on. Use that instead and wire it according to the diagram.

Do you have the torque drives or the speed drives?

To take a step back is always a good idea. You advocate for safety by way of top quality components and that those will keep you safe. In some part yes it can make a difference. You say your hard on these companies because you see malicious disregard for safety by way of bad or underrated components. Unless your involved in every aspect of desition making and production its only speculation. You clam we are advocating for flipsky becouse of money or increased sales. It’s just not true, I’ve sold 4. It’s just not a big moving item. So I’m not seeing the benifits. As much as you say you want to force companies to make better products. Force being the operative word. I would rather work with them and keep the customers informed. No one turns on a dine. Flipsky has shown interest in the feedback from this forum. Would a company that didn’t care seek this freedback. I think not. I invited them here and I’m starting to regret it. Congratulations on innovator of year, Most deserving. Excellent work. Cory

4 Likes

If we are talking safety, speed is the biggest factor for injury. Your definately gonna go slower with a 30a ESC than with a 70a ESC so the argument could be made that they are safer than a high end ESC :smile:.

4 Likes

I got both and was referring to the torque drives.

Im thinking on doing a dual flipsky vesc6 build or a torqueboards 4.12dual build, what would be better? because vesc6 has higher performance but maybe not so reliable as torqueboards?

I didn’t see any V6 broken yet :):grin:

1 Like