Focbox firmware error on first startup (SOLVED!)

Do yourself a favor and just strip some plastic off a mini and micro USB cable. I have strip down ones just so they are guaranteed to fit and also bend a bit easier into tight spaces

Done! They’re not pretty but they work. And they’re extensions, so I won’t have to remove the enclosure every time.

Glad you solved the problem. But I’m wondering why you ignored our advices a few days ago, because we clearly told you the solution.

Mostly because I was afraid of damaging a 200$ piece equipment.

1 Like

Can anyone on here help me ive tried all the above and i still get the same error. I dont have to money to buy a unity or even to fix this i really hope its a simple problem. But with my luck lately

Which error exactly? The “no firmware read response” one? Are you using the vesc tool or the old bldc tool?

1 Like

I dont know how but it got fixed. I switched from the vesc-tool to bldc-tool and got the same error code but once i switched back to vesc-tool it read fine. Very strange lol

Happy to help I suppose…:thinking: It’s possible that you just needed to make sure the USB cable was pushed in all the way, that’s what my problem was. Apparently FOCboxes are known to have this issue. I suggest you keep using the new vesc tool, the setup wizard really helps in making sure you have the right settings. Just check a video tutorial if you’re not sure. Finally, remember to set your erpm to 60000! The wizard doesn’t do this so make sure you take care of it before you disconnect from your PC.

1 Like