FOCBOX Unity & Enertion's Responsibility To Contribute to OS

Soo where I find the focbox schematic anyways. I have a burnt part that I would like to replace :joy:

1 Like

Which Parts?

3 Likes

Well not burnt is just straight up missing lol! Itā€™s on the reverse side of the micro USB port.

1 Like

The crystal ? (like 4 blank pads) it is an Crystal 8MHz, 10PPM same one use on regular Vesc. Here is the part number for mouser 815-ABM3B-8.0-10-1UT

or if it is one of the cap C15-C38 they are 15pF and C35 is a 2,2uF

4 Likes

Wow thank you! No wonder why USB would not connect

2 Likes

Maybe this would be put to rest if Ben himself came here and voiced his opinion instead if using a mouthpiece.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been told by Jason that my opinions on open source arenā€™t welcome here, so Iā€™m gonna sit back and let you guys handle this for now.

CHEERS MATES!

4 Likes

Censorship in this context is at best not cool and at worst malicious. Whoever flagged the post should be ashamed.

Only if itā€™s a VESC derivative. Enertion has claimed that the Unity is not, that issue needs to be put to bed before this issue is brought up again.

Manners and respect. I know emotions run high especially with topics we are passionate about, but manners and respect.

This makes assumptions that havenā€™t been stated by anyone and is not conducive to a profitable discussion. It is in fact argumentative, if thatā€™s the objective ok, but it didnā€™t help anybody.

The biggest issue I see here is people starting opinions as fact, making assumptions and treating then as facts. Kind of like thisā€¦

That:s marketing not fact. The fact is there are plenty of controllers out there that do the job just fine, some better like the Arc 200.

Thatā€™s a pretty thought, but once again not a fact.

This entire sentence is loaded with hyperbole and is the root of whatā€™s wrong with this discussion.

I honestly donā€™t see how anything gets done with all the bitching that goes on. The fact that this is an issue in the open is telling in itself, thereā€™s bound to have been tons of legal correspondence, if history is any guide, which apperantly hasnā€™t done any good or the topic wouldnā€™t be openly discussed here.

In closing, from a user and esk8 enthusiastā€¦ Yā€™all need to grow the fuck up and stop measuring your dicks in public. Your not helping the community, your actively harming it and most of us are tired of it.

8 Likes

Yeah chaka I like tex esc.

3 Likes

I wanted this thread to stay about opensource and what that brings to the table for EVERYONE. Seems like every time the words opensource and Enertion are mentioned, people get silenced, threatened to be banned, ectā€¦ Itā€™s pathetic and should stop. Itā€™s only hindering the progress.

Seems like thereā€™s a few select people here that just donā€™t get that itā€™s beneficial for everyone involved. We can all make money if thatā€™s the end goal. Although moving FORWARD with more advanced technology is ultimately the goal in the world of opensource. Try not to forget that.

4 Likes

I 100% second this.

I find it so strange that people are trying to undermine the work that went into this and the fact that it was made opensource. I guess emotions and bias gets the best of us and logic is just kicked aside.

4 Likes

Thx for these words! I donā€™t believe in censorship as long as itā€™s no hate speech or propaganda with bad intentions.

Hope that on www. things are handled differently.

5 Likes

Really? Because I can quote a never ending string of posts that are full of propaganda that you authored.

Speaking of propaganda, FFS. I assume they will be handled just like they are here, as the situation arises.

3 Likes

Love you like a brother Mike, and Iā€™m asking us all to let the past go.

Please. We all get better with time, and when we let the past rule our present the future gets real hard to see.

Iā€™ve asked Trampa to start sponsoring races, and they returned inmediately with a new head of Ambassadors, Matt Evans.

Great guy, knows the track, and Iā€™ve agreed to help develop two new female uphill racers, whom I expect will be on our Instagrams by end of Summer, if successful.

I realize Iā€™ve only been here since Derek invited me, and I was not part of the contention over IP in the past.

Yet it is the past, brother.

I admire how you take up for Enertion, very much.

5 Likes

thatā€™s awesome.

Iā€™m NOT taking up for Enertion, honestly Iā€™m not. It just seems that every time Frank quotes me its out of context or complete crap. I swear he does it on purpose just to irritate me :slight_smile:.

4 Likes

Youā€™re the man. Mean it. -karl

3 Likes